Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re:

Is it just me but every time I see Chris all I see is Bevis and Butthead

Attachments

• 8C4684DF-1C9E-4854-B8C1-735C7DA4C81C.jpeg
    8C4684DF-1C9E-4854-B8C1-735C7DA4C81C.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 440
Re: Re:

^I alway sthink of tghe Canondale headshock dude...

ez054098":3ahwn8lc said:
Here she is...

Yeah that's gorgeous, been all over their isntgagram/facebooky posts.

SInce I just got a new job (or A job), worded up the GF that I was probably going to get one...had a pretty hefty budget in mind...then I started pricing one up... with the Australian dollar tanking hard...OMG blew straight through to my pretend budget...
Then that lavender one with the clear coat issue came up... oohhh...but my head prevailed (that and that the GF has paid the bills for the last 3 years)... it's into "end of next year save up" mode.

Re:

I am biased of course but the new Yo looks amazing imo. He also looks pretty good for a guy in his 60s or so :D

WWC":wauvhl4d said:
The steel wasn’t cheap, bets on cost for a ti f&f?

Bet you only buy knock off designer gear too ;). Never ceases to amaze me how many modern ‘cool’ bike designers are still ripping off FAT CHANCE original designs. Many dont ‘get’ the ‘GREATS’ of mountainbike design and their high prices, Cunninghams, Potts, etc designs copied by most mass producers but try and get a proper ride on one and then compare.

M-Power":397h9xs2 said:
WWC":397h9xs2 said:

Bet you only buy knock off designer gear too ;). Never ceases to amaze me how many modern ‘cool’ bike designers are still ripping off FAT CHANCE original designs. Many dont ‘get’ the ‘GREATS’ of mountainbike design and their high prices, Cunninghams, Potts, etc designs copied by most mass producers but try and get a proper ride on one and then compare.

I like genuine gear, and not knock off.

But despite the name, the history, etc, you will be buying a Brand name, but built by someone else......, Is that not the same thing....?

Your analogy is true but flawed, its like saying a Klein or as some like to call it a Kleiningham is a rip off of a Cunningham when its isnt, sure they are both made of Aluminium but both builders/companies have there own take on things with some natural overlap.

And there are no original ideas/designs.........(quote) If you go back in history far enough, everything had been done before...."Keith Bontrager".

A Point of Fact.

Look at any modern Fat Chance, (made by others) What is it that separates there design from the vast majority of others. Next to nothing, apart from the Brand name and Clever Marketing. (FACT).

M-Power":25rlo4e9 said:
WWC":25rlo4e9 said:

Ha!

I’ll have you know I take quality very seriously!

BUT I tend to pick up ‘pre-loved’ or used bargains.

Recently picked up a Jeff Jones original ti spaceframe & fork for £1000.

Let’s take a punt and say £4500 for a new ti yo frame?

I’d take the used jones but then there are those with more cash...

M-Power":f3r5dqf1 said:
WWC":f3r5dqf1 said:

Dont get me Wrong, i love the Nostalgia as much as the next, and a brand resurrection is good for us all, and good for his pocket, which was the reason. Im just not as easily coerced by clever marketing as i was when i was 14.

But lets face it, based on your own point, for the money involved, your not far off having a Cunningham made for you anyway, (if Charlie wasn't so unwell).

Or you could buy something totally original built by the guy whos name is on the frame, like the Frank the Welder Special, and raise money for a genuine cause.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352619414590?ul_noapp=true

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back