I’m in deep, but what is it...

Brynk":3tn7xuu7 said:
mkone":3tn7xuu7 said:
Hi, welcome.

Going by the name on the down tube its a Rudy Project, Verlicchi made some of their frames, not sure if they made this one though.

I think one picture above has that name, near the dropout/axle mount area

Are verlicchi any good? Stil around?

Not sure if they are still around, a quick search on here and google will bring up info though.

They make nice frames, they made one of the first dh bikes which a few big companies badged as their own, Iron Horse, Sintesi and Kona, to name a few.

Attachments

• p4pb9396154.jpg
    p4pb9396154.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 359
Re:

I had a purple one with matching 1 1/4 rigid forks and stem. Regret selling it but hey ho. Made by verlichi (excuse the spelling if incorrect), if you check the top tube near the head tube, you may see a debossed logo.

I found info to be limited.

Verlucchi is the bike makers- the welders. They made frames for a host of other bike makers, but are from a motorcycle background.They appear to have also released under their own brand.
Rudy project is the same rudy project that now does the sunglasses. They i believe started off selling bikes. I dont know its exact history, or whether they developed away from general into sunglasses or whether its was a name buy out or such :?

The stem i had was branded Verlucchi, the forks were marzocchi's.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marzocchi-XC ... SwtcRcTYpf

I built it with a full XT, thumbies so 7 spd.

Might be a thread on it, cant remember :? Im terrible are recording these makings :oops: A few pics, but unfortunately not too detailed.
The forks, and stem would be spec, the groupset likely a mid range to XT much like the majority of frames available at that time. How ever much you had to spend.

Attachments

• 1992%20Rudy%20Project%20Yuma%20006%20(Large) (Custom).JPG
    1992%20Rudy%20Project%20Yuma%20006%20(Large) (Custom).JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 354
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hi sintesi made the frame under the name thruster also managed to bag 1 today off flea bay for £30. Got big plans for it myself nice looking frame pick mine up tomorrow

Attachments

• rsz_screenshot_20190221-225405.png
    rsz_screenshot_20190221-225405.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 342
dyna-ti":2t54nd2o said:

Verlucchi is the bike makers- the welders. They made frames for a host of other bike makers, but are from a motorcycle background.They appear to have also released under their own brand.
Rudy project is the same rudy project that now does the sunglasses. They i believe started off selling bikes. I dont know its exact history, or whether they developed away from general into sunglasses or whether its was a name buy out or such :?

Might be a thread on it, cant remember :? Im terrible are recording these makings :oops: A few pics, but unfortunately not too detailed.
The forks, and stem would be spec, the groupset likely a mid range to XT much like the majority of frames available at that time. How ever much you had to spend.

Nice, I found the pictures of your bike, but no build history.
Is the frame wide enough to hold a 2x10 Shimano body?

Did you see the link I posted on the fork for
Sale in Denmark?

I’m still going back and forth on the whole moderne wheels and disc brakes .
Would it be sacrelige to go with modern stuff, does it need to be going back? I just love to run a good fork and good brakes that will stop me on anything.

Would it bee a cool upgrade to run a Hydraulic V-brakes?
Or is it cantilevers till we die? What is the general consensus?
I wish I could ride a stock one, before making up my mind.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't know if it's just me (or twisted photos), but does the headtube diameter in Brynk's pics look to be cannondalish (read: huge)? At least totally different as in dyna-ti's version. Though might just be my friday-at-the-office brains being offline..

Dami":1hpyuvul said:
I don't know if it's just me (or twisted photos), but does the headtube diameter in Brynk's pics look to be cannondalish (read: huge)? At least totally different as in dyna-ti's version. Though might just be my friday-at-the-office brains being offline..

Could be, mine is 1 1/4 inch, or so the seller told me.
That is on the large side, right?
Didn’t they start 1 inch, and then go to 1 1/8 inch.

At least before they went to tapered.

Speaking of teapered, I’ve been looking at a Specialized S-Works 2010 fullie epic “Brained” front fork. It’s cheat because very few wants to run 26 inch wheels. He wanted something in the ballpark of 40£, and could come with handlebars and used headset.
Or would that be sacrilege.

I’ve found a set of 26” Syncro, with tires and Shimano Shodaw Kassette and Discs, from a Scott scale, 20£.

Thanks for clearing this out, now I know my eyes are still working and I have at least a few potentially effective working hours ahead of me. :)

Personally I've somehow managed to keep away of those 1 1/4" head tubes, I have a garage full of 1 1/8"s and couple of 1.5"ish cannondales. But good luck with your build, it definitely screams for some purple parts around it!

dyna-ti":134mh5aj said:

Any chance you remember the side of the headset? 1”, 1 1/8” and 1 1/4”?

The addition is real!!!

I was looking for cheap parts for my projects, and got the flunky idea that a good used complete news bike could be a good parts donor, and give the option of a test ride before buying.

And centerscreen on the first search was a Mint Giant ATX 840 and a Specialized Stump Jumper 26”.
Both fairly cheap, the Specialized add said; good old bike, also goodfor parts 59 £ or offer.
The Giant was 98£.

But the rear question is; is this any good for parts, or is it a POS bike?
https://www.guloggratis.dk/transport/cy ... stere-gear

Back