Some photographs from the very handmade Carbon AX Lightness

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Seeing as I am stuck in bed unable to actually ride or indeed work, I've managed to find a little internet and put up a story on my site of the time I visited AX Lightness in Nurmberg to see quite incredible handmade carbon quality making being carried out.

The pics aren't really retro on this one as the retro stuff there was either boxed up or other brands built by them, but they were as old school and soulful a manufacturer as you could imagine given how up to date and hi tech the designs were. I wouldn't have trusted a 700g road frame and fork generally, but after watching them produce one in front of my eyes, I was sort of converted.

Anyway, here's the pics I found that'd fit in best in the old school (as they genuinely had a true old school cycling soul).

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• A10Lo.jpg
    A10Lo.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 252
  • A6Lo.jpg
    A6Lo.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 252
  • A7Lo.jpg
    A7Lo.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 252
  • A9Lo.jpg
    A9Lo.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 252
Always love a bit of AX. I can state the bars are very light but strong and can take a end hit on Berkshire soil

tintin40":2wue6y6i said:
Always love a bit of AX. I can state the bars are very light but strong and can take a end hit on Berkshire soil

How are you Tony? Long time. :D Still Trimbled?

Augustus":hrxvxrte said:
tintin40":hrxvxrte said:

How are you Tony? Long time. :D Still Trimbled?

All good. Riding like a dream.

Latest posts

Back