Ebay Madness No. 2761

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTTT

A hit on one of my saved searches just brought up this.... getting on for madness for sure! :shock:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cook-Bros-Ra ... 3642095058

EDIT: Listing says for BMX... I know that BMX collectors seem to have even deeper pockets than the hardiest of Retro MTB collectors, but they look like MTB cranks to me!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
al":292l23o1 said:
legrandefromage":292l23o1 said:
Well then lock the thread because every sale is by someone who is most likely respected by somebody somewhere.

What is the point of eBay madness thread if its not to post an opinion on pricing as a whole for the scene

Because as you well know, this is personal.

You shared a for sale post from a member knowing full well what you were doing and how it would get some peoples backs up.

Should we stop posting in ebay madness?! All I know is that I set up a group so I and others could share ebay bargains with retro bike mates... lets think in a positive way, as the other way just doesn't work for me.

al.

Is it bollocks! Have you actually read the sale thread? I posted it because of what it was and nothing more. If you have read anything further into it its purely speculation on your part and nothing more.

Re: Re:

Does it really put people off? Or does the rarirty and the demand for completing a perfect built push up the price? (I think I know the answer to that having just splashed half a grand on a shoddy fork becasue it was the perfect size - and available!) We're not talking about the ride quality on the rare tires, just their ability to look clean and new.

idlemind":3a9vzdt6 said:
regan_ev":3a9vzdt6 said:
idlemind":3a9vzdt6 said:
To be fair why would anyone buy a pair of psychos let alone at that price. They were shit
Becasue they look awesome one the right build. It's all about the look on a show pony.
Was there ever a right bike. I am sorry but even the tread pattern looked awful

Some Kona builds. Definitely a 1994 John Tomac Replica build.[/quote]
I am sorry for you but i am a rider not a polisher. Ill shell my cash on things that work.

idlemind":3gnghywo said:
I am sorry for you but i am a rider not a polisher. Ill shell my cash on things that work.
I totally get you - and when I've occasionally ridden retro I've used the best condition, youngest rubber I can find. The Smoke and Dart Classics being a favourite, becasue they're contemporary, fresh, and look retro :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

viengsavanh":9ba76b16 said:
Heres some Ebay madness ,check this guys prices out ,people have probably seen some of his adds crazy prices but doe,s have some nice stuff that i want(need) but no way pay 3 times over

https://www.ebay.de/sch/jimmyknopfsalat ... 7675.l2562

There's some nice :cool: stuff there however.

If you're into hi-fi then his prices seem much more reasonable :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back