Ebay Madness No. 2761

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

al":1khlq2re said:
idlemind":1khlq2re said:
To be fair why would anyone buy a pair of psychos let alone at that price. They were shit

So after what you've just read, you think the best thing to do is stick the boot in?

al.
Sorry but this is just my opinion no matter what has been said. It just gets my goat up when people try and get so much for something that clearly is not worth that much. Having tried them back in the day when the hype about them was ripe and changing back to panaracers after the first practice run. It is eBay madness like this that puts people of the retro bike scene.

regan_ev":3a4nk9s7 said:
idlemind":3a4nk9s7 said:
To be fair why would anyone buy a pair of psychos let alone at that price. They were shit
Becasue they look awesome one the right build. It's all about the look on a show pony.
Was there ever a right bike. I am sorry but even the tread pattern looked awful

legrandefromage":341f4ozl said:
regan_ev":341f4ozl said:
al":341f4ozl said:
Is it open season for shooting other members down again...

I'll get my gun!

al
If only! But I find myself in the middle of another LGF against Tom bun throwing debacle again. Just pointing out his continued nonsense, again.

I'd say he's 9 out of 10 on the thorny bramble scale end.

Why are you in the middle of something you've contrived? Theres no buns, no names, just the thread link. The same as its ever been.

And you wander why people leave the site if thats how you behave just because someone changed their mind.

You know what, f**k you . You are a nobody, I'm a nobody and have never assumed otherwise. Yet time after time you jump on anything I say like some spoilt whiny kid that cries when they've pooped their nappy.

Have you pooped your nappy Regan? Do you need a big hug from someone, because you just cant stop interfering.

My name is Mark by the way. Other members know this as they've met me in person at rides, the rides where members all pitched in, helped out and frankly didn't take the piss anywhere near as as much as you have done in the five minutes you've been on the site.

Quit it, nobody is impressed, nobody is bigger than any one member on the site especially you so what you think gives you the right to round on me in a seemingly constant stream of vitriol and bile is beyond me.

You have single handedly managed to f**k this site up for me. Congratulations, whatever it was you had in mind for me, its working, I hate RetroBike, because of you.
You're very odd, Mark Walker. And some people who've met you have attested to that, in PMs to me.

I call you out for the nonsense you spout becasue it's always nonsense. I frankly don't give a damn if you don't like how I react to your silly behaviour. I'm glad you feel that way, becasue I have helped lots of people here, apart from one big, embarrassing episode of major mental health issues which all you did when I apologised was take the piss. You just like to post ridiculous comments, constantly. Such is evident from the crap you've just posted here, yet again.

idlemind":341f4ozl said:
al":341f4ozl said:

So after what you've just read, you think the best thing to do is stick the boot in?

al.
Sorry but this is just my opinion no matter what has been said. It just gets my goat up when people try and get so much for something that clearly is not worth that much. Having tried them back in the day when the hype about them was ripe and changing back to panaracers after the first practice run. It is eBay madness like this that puts people of the retro bike scene.

Does it really put people off? Or does the rarirty and the demand for completing a perfect built push up the price? (I think I know the answer to that having just splashed half a grand on a shoddy fork becasue it was the perfect size - and available!) We're not talking about the ride quality on the rare tires, just their ability to look clean and new.

regan_ev":341f4ozl said:
Becasue they look awesome one the right build. It's all about the look on a show pony.
Was there ever a right bike. I am sorry but even the tread pattern looked awful

Some Kona builds. Definitely a 1994 John Tomac Replica build.

Re:

No, what puts people off the retro 'scene' is cock swingers that think their opinion is more worthy than other peoples.

The fact you or anyone else don't rate a particular thing, doesn't mean it's fair game to undermine another forum member to make a point. These tyres are advertised here by a respected (by many) member of the forum, and someone who I respect as a fellow retro bike fan. Whether or not I agree or disagree with the price of something he is selling or the fact he is selling an item I personally don't rate as a product...should be, and is besides the point.

Respect to all.

al.

BTTT

A hit on one of my saved searches just brought up this.... getting on for madness for sure! :shock:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cook-Bros-Ra ... 3642095058

EDIT: Listing says for BMX... I know that BMX collectors seem to have even deeper pockets than the hardiest of Retro MTB collectors, but they look like MTB cranks to me!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well then lock the thread because every sale is by someone who is most likely respected by somebody somewhere.

What is the point of eBay madness thread if its not to post an opinion on pricing as a whole for the scene

legrandefromage":2ejema9g said:
Well then lock the thread because every sale is by someone who is most likely respected by somebody somewhere.

What is the point of eBay madness thread if its not to post an opinion on pricing as a whole for the scene
Your post opened with "It's not ebay but..."

So stick to the theme and don't price bash a member's FS ad and nobody will have a problem.

legrandefromage":14hfrvbz said:

Because as you well know, this is personal.

You shared a for sale post from a member knowing full well what you were doing and how it would get some peoples backs up.

Should we stop posting in ebay madness?! All I know is that I set up a group so I and others could share ebay bargains with retro bike mates... lets think in a positive way, as the other way just doesn't work for me.

al.

Tom? BoyBurning? I had every respect for the for the guy until he rounded on me for something so trivial I've forgotten what it was. Then it got personal for no apparent reason which is where I switched off. Then fanboy Regan dives in making things worse than they ever should have been and it balloons out of proportion to the children's schoolground it is now.

As before, **** you and just **** off, I've run out of energy for this.

Regan, anything else you want to pull me up on whilst I'm here? Diction, syntax, small novelty trumpets? Have a look in the road section, I'm sure there's something to piss you off there, I have plenty of road and touring bikes to get your ire up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back