Question about shipping a bike to Spain

SteadyCam

Retro Newbie
Hi, i'm new here so not sure if this is in the right place or if similar has been asked before.

I've just maybe sold a complete bike on here and the guy wants it shipping to Spain. I thought this would be maybe £30-40 but i'm getting quotes for like £150.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions to help with this?

Cheers.

Things changed in the last year or so regarding freight box sizes, and a seemingly disproportionate cost as the box gets bigger.

Top tip is get the wheels off, forks too, stem and bars and pack it all as compact as possible to minimise the size in the box.

I've recently been shipping a few things here and there, and found www.transglobalexpress.co.uk to be the most competitive company going. They seem to use all the major shipping companies. You can generate numerous quotes on their website.

I've shipped US to UK, UK to CH and UK to US using them.

Re:

I use parcel2go, you'll need to check carefully the size of the box, it might be cheaper to send frame in one and wheels as a separate shipment. Depends on the size of the bike too. And take insurance into account, that can add quite a bit if it's an expensive bike

Back