Hope / Royce BB tool - or angle grinder / FLAME ?!

Mr_Stu

Retro Newbie
Hello,

So i am changing my frame ( old one cracked head stem ) got all my bits off with one item remaining. I have a hope titanium bottom bracket with the dreaded 6 pin holes. I have broke a couple of 2 point spanners, so it has had a good wd-40 soak with the thought of get a tool and give it another go.

So Hope dont do the tool anymore, royce do but 35 quid is a bit silly.

Has anyone got a 6 pin bb tool i can borrow/hire/buy/use ( i would consider traveling and taking off in my boot, on a broke it you buy it basis ) or do i just get the angle grinder out ( as the frame is knackered ) and peel the thing out ??

I have inquired to a couple of the 2013 posts to see if a tool was knocking about but just getting a no.

I know it is a long shot can anyone help please ?

I’m sure you’ll find at least one Good Samaritan in the pre 97 section

Out of interest what axle length is it - at the risk of coming across as a vulture I’d buy it off you if it’s 117/118mm

Re:

Ha doh i thought i was in the pre section....

The way its going you may get a free frame ( hair line crack in head stem ) with it .....

Ill let you know if i decide to sell instead first dibs and all ha , it looks like it is a 117-118 ish one ... silver too

yeah tempted but kinda wanted the bottom bracket ha ....

If anyone can help out as a sweetener i have another frame ( pics/specs available ) that i would give to the person that help out

Can you put something like a nail set tool into one of the holes and tap (whack) it with a hammer? Might free it up enough to remove.

Back