early 90's Raleigh USA Technium Peak

Coquitlam Geoff

Retro Guru
I have one of these bikes and was wondering if anyone had a link to the catalog for more info. Seattle based division of Raleigh? The peak was the top of the line bike for the mtn series range

Attachments

• technium peak 1.jpg
    technium peak 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 635
  • Raleigh technium 2.jpg
    Raleigh technium 2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 631
Re:

Going by the colour and graphics I'd have put this one down as a 1990 model. I doubt that fork is original as all the ones I've seen in this colour scheme have a black rigid straight blade fork. There's a couple of these frames on eBay ATM. It also has non low profile xt canti's by the looks of it so that would tend to date it earlier than 92 (if they're original of course).
I had a 92 Peak which was purple and black, see link in my signature for pics.

Re:

Here's a link to the 1990 UK catalogue, unfortunately it doesn't include the Peak. I'm guessing they didn't import that particular model that year but the designs are identical on the Chill with the blocky patterns on the downtube at the bottom bracket area. The Peak in the 1991 and 1992 catalogues use the purple and black colours.

Click on the spy glass icon to the left of "Raleigh catalogue 1990 Lightweight MTBs" to bring up the PDF of the catalogue.

http://veterancycleclublibrary.org.uk/l ... 3&items=64

Back