Raleigh Mono Carbon Composite (MCC-8) Frame

npn

Retro Guru
It's surprising how little information is available on this frame. Mine is a 1995 and it had STX setup which I've stripped down. I weighed the frame and I'm little disappointed - it came to 1594gr for a 18in frame.

I don't know how accurate my digital scale is, but the same scale shows 1545gr on a 1996 Klein Pulse Comp frame (16.5/17in).

So Klein is lighter.

The Raleigh MCC-8 frame is carbon composite so I really expected more... or I should say less... weight. At this point, I'm not sure if it's worth building it up. I might just sell it.

jy79MxH.jpg

3fpsVku.jpg

Anything you know about this frame/bike, please share e.g. if you saw one selling/sold, how much etc.

Re:

I’ve never seen one before.
Weight is the same as a Raleigh Torus 20”, which was a full titanium frame.
3.5lbs, that’s a good weight.

Cool looking frame, I recently weighed my 18" Ti Torus frame (painted and factory shim, with Ti bottle bolts) and came out around 1800g. My STEEL 1997 Greg Fuquay frame in similar size weighed in around 1690g and steel DeKerf Team SL not far behind this... I think the weight of yours is quite respectable TBH, I guess Carbon in its somewhat early days wasn't anywhere near as light as today's.

If you do decide to sell, be sure to msg me before you do as it's a potential build that I'd love to take on :)

Cool looking frame indeed! I've got too many bikes now (not all listed in my signature) so I'll have to put this one on the backburner for now

npn":2f5ue29w said:
Cool looking frame indeed! I've got too many bikes now (not all listed in my signature) so I'll have to put this one on the backburner for now

And if you decide to move it on, you know where I am (Nottingham - true home of Raleigh!) haha

Latest posts

Back