Claud Butler titanium(?) info/identification

Re:

If the price is reasonable (looks like it in the ad) and it IS titanium then i think you should buy it too.
A Google search brings up a few images in Croatia, Hungary etc. Not the first place I'd expect to find a Claud Butler MTB, but it may not have been sold in the UK..

Same frame is mentioned on page 3 of this thread... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=20

PeachyPM":1gnyklvy said:
They were still assembling in Brigg, Humberside

Well I never knew that claud butler were a local bike until now..

Certainly didn't know they ever did anything in Ti either, but please don't use the H word to describe this area, we never wanted to be branded that and thankfully it was abolished many years ago.

Brigg is in North Lincolnshire :)

Re:

Seems to be a bounded titanium tubes on steel lugs, like some raleigh.
Nice and original frame

Re:

I know one of their old designers and engineers. I'll ask him next time I see him about this

Re: Re:

Stompy":i9jpv1ef said:
longun":i9jpv1ef said:
I know one of their old designers and engineers. I'll ask him next time I see him about this

Cool, would be great if you could, Thanks.....

Bloody hell Longun you live in Humberside as well, :LOL: next we’ll have someone from Rutland

On a serious note I keep coming back as I’m drawn to the pic’s of this frame - it’s a thing of beauty I know this sounds dumb But it almost seems a shame that anyone would want to build it up and break up those majestic lines - it looks so good as it is !

Maybe that’s how or why it’s survived the years so well - left as pure wall art to be appreciated only by the eye and the mind

Spudly":e7he1vof said:
PeachyPM":e7he1vof said:
They were still assembling in Brigg, Humberside

Well I never knew that claud butler were a local bike until now..

Certainly didn't know they ever did anything in Ti either, but please don't use the H word to describe this area, we never wanted to be branded that and thankfully it was abolished many years ago.

Brigg is in North Lincolnshire :)
Quite right…fair point, well made. No such thing as Humberside, and never should have been! ;)

N.B. Claud Butler/Holdsworth production went to Brigg early 1987, not sure if they are still there? If they are I think they just put the stickers on now when they come off the container :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":19qbq7k6 said:
On a serious note I keep coming back as I’m drawn to the pic’s of this frame - it’s a thing of beauty I know this sounds dumb But it almost seems a shame that anyone would want to build it up and break up those majestic lines - it looks so good as it is !

Maybe that’s how or why it’s survived the years so well - left as pure wall art to be appreciated only by the eye and the mind

Narp! stick some wheels on it and get it mucky! :cool:

PS, I wonder if you get a high pitched ringing in your ears when you ride it? :facepalm:

F for fairly? The factory in Taiwan where a lot of konas were made?

I think the 653 frames were the last to be made in brigg before production moved to the Far East and brigg became assembly only.

Carl.

Back