Now That's What I Call A Thread - please help!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
There have been many, many innocuously titled threads that have gone on to be absolute Retrobike classics - which means of course, they're hard to find. Please help me review and recall the best of them by linking here your favourites.

I have a preference to those with great facts, theories and photos as opposed to arguments and non-cycing material please.

The plan will be to edit them into some sort of stiki-wiki for the site.

Re:

Unsure if this would qualify as a classic thread or even what you are looking for, but it does detail the facts of the Yeti Ultimate and how the British press reacted too it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286151

Re:

Just search for the threads that don't contain the words "nazzi", "Hitler" or "Brexit". :p

I still rate this as one of those epic threads that just exploded:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188523

Be warned, perhaps not classic as there are approx. zero technical facts of old bikes and
about zero items of reference material. What it does do however is put some things in
perspective, with a high dose of humor.

Re:

Excellent idea! A car forum I visited had a sub-forum entitled "Gold" where the classic threads were stickied for eternity :D
They were mostly comedy gold, but the odd factual thread did creep in :LOL:

I'll have a think of some classic threads ftom here...

Re:

Its a great idea Neil, but i fear many a great thread has been distroyed by the Photobucket situation. A few of my all time faves from memory though:

WD-Pro's Marin Bear Valley Build - Real attention to detail.
Learn to Shred like Ed, etc - Ed's educational threads which taught us nothing at all.
Sidekick416's Crib - The living quarters we all dream of.
Many a good ride write up, great memories.

@sinnett177 - nice comment thanks :cool:

Photobucket is playing ball again now which is nice, there was no way I going through that thread and re-hosting / re-linking all those images ... :LOL:

WD :D

Back