The best retro E-Stay frame.

Re:

I had a Saracen Kilo e-stay bike. Was a great ride bitd. Gave it to my brother when I upgraded after a couple of years. He rode it for a few years. Many years later I had it back to restore and it had cracked where the e-stays met the seat tube. Might not be a common issue, but worth looking for if you buy one

Re:

Excellent feedback so far ladies and gents. I'm especially liking the idea of a Saracen or Alpine Stars Cro Mega.

I just put an offer on this one as it looks like a good base for a project and potential keeper:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 6#p2912116

Fingers crossed guys, I may have a little spring time project. As an aside, it looks little small, what size do you think the frake is and how are Alpinestars frames measured, C yo C or C to Top.

If I manage to get my grubby hands on it do any of you live near Stockport / South Manchester as I could do with a bit of help with the pick up etc. Beer tokens will be forwarded (Karma)

:)

foxb13":27h3uem6 said:
Having only ridden a Rocky Mountain Cirrus, I would say... a Rocky Mountain Cirrus :mrgreen:

Hehehehe, thanks. You know where the door is !

;-)

I think in terms of the original thread, the humble old Saracen Kili wins

It doesn't look too bad (depending on what you class as not looking bad)

It doesn't cost too much and is widely available

Structurally you are not going have to worry about rust and having to chop one up to make a carbon tubed version. Nor worry about it cracking and especially not having to worry about it exploding or self combusting unexpectedly.

It rides ok because of the design - that back end doesn't pivot around like some did or felt like they did. Pedaling doesn't throw the BB area around like a wild weekend in Bournemouth.

Sure, there are plenty of rare and exotica but these are mostly unobtainable for the masses so, why not a Kili?

92KiliRacerCat.jpg

Back