Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re:

So I picked this up cheap to add to my Dyna collection... so the guy said he had it from new, its a Diablo (my 3rd), it appears to have a complete XT Groupset and be from the 92/93 era, however looking at the Raleigh Archive on this site, I cannot see ANY listing for one this colour with full XT, only one with DX? The rear dropouts also have pannier/mudguard mounts on them, whereas my other Diablos have exactly same dropout shape but no mounts? Any help with ID, did this come stock with XT? I am fully aware the wheelset, post, saddle, Tioga stem and bar are aftermarket/saddle and post are modern...

Attachments

• 20181129_223516_resized.jpg
    20181129_223516_resized.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 890
  • 20181125_163000_resized.jpg
    20181125_163000_resized.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 890
  • 20181129_223508_resized.jpg
    20181129_223508_resized.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 890
Re:

Hi all.
Signing in as a Dynatech owner :D

Apologies for the poor picture - will start a build thread at some point.
Currently collecting Campagnolo Centaur parts to complete this. See wanted section here-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=391585

Pic.1 As purchased.
Pic.2 The Catalogue pic from 1991 archive

Geoff Waugh has some great pics from a BITD test if you do a Google search Raleigh Dynatech Endeavour - great research pics from the production version, but personally I'd like to ask his permission before using those pics.

Cracking on with this once current build (Aluminium O) has finished.

Enjoy.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 880
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 880
Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":37abrxh2 said:
Hi all.
Signing in as a Dynatech owner :D

Apologies for the poor picture - will start a build thread at some point.
Currently collecting Campagnolo Centaur parts to complete this. See wanted section here-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=391585

Pic.1 As purchased.
Pic.2 The Catalogue pic from 1991 archive

Geoff Waugh has some great pics from a BITD test if you do a Google search Raleigh Dynatech Endeavour - great research pics from the production version, but personally I'd like to ask his permission before using those pics.

Cracking on with this once current build (Aluminium O) has finished.

Enjoy.

boy"O"boy

I too was watching this on Bay but was worried about the driveside chainstay/lug, is it all sound? Love the colours on it, bar that it looks really nice! Are you doing a factory build? I tried to do factory builds on all my Dynas but in the end, with masses of groupsets accumulating I decided to use my Dynas to each showcase a full Shimano groupset of the day, thus far I have each showing Full XTR, XT, DX and LX :)... really sad, but I got the bug for building more bikes to instead of buying even more, I stripped each and fully rebuilt each...

Re: Re:

TOMAS":1hb8uvbd said:
I too was watching this on Bay but was worried about the driveside chainstay/lug, is it all sound? Love the colours on it, bar that it looks really nice! Are you doing a factory build? I tried to do factory builds on all my Dynas but in the end, with masses of groupsets accumulating I decided to use my Dynas to each showcase a full Shimano groupset of the day, thus far I have each showing Full XTR, XT, DX and LX :)... really sad, but I got the bug for building more bikes to instead of buying even more, I stripped each and fully rebuilt each...

The driveside chainstay / lug is fine - just looks a bit tatty. Not sure why as the rest of the paint is in Fantastic condition, all original decals and hologram serial number in place.
The seller confirmed he was the 2nd owner, the 1st worked for Raleigh Special products division. Most of the Campagnolo was now on his touring bike. Looks like it has had very little usage in it's life.

Plan is to get the chain stay sympathetically resprayed with colour matching whilst preserving everything else. Original build spec throughout - finding all those campagnolo parts is going to be a labour of love but the rarity of this Particular Dynatech deserves it! - I've never seen another one on here - talked about (Page1) but only ever seen in that brochure picture above.

In terms of building around groupsets -
I've Already got an Suntour XC pro / Shimano M732 XT / Shimano DX / builds .....and a build with a bit of everything! .... so a Campagnolo equipped one seems a natural progression!

Like the Diablo too....was watching this on eBay also!
Looks like it's a 1993 Diablo plus with a full XT upgrade. :cool:
The catalogue is the achive lists it as full DX...... there's also a Diablo DX plus too with straight legged forks.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Dynatech Diablo DX plus 93.JPG
    Dynatech Diablo DX plus 93.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 816
  • Dynatech Diablo plus 93.JPG
    Dynatech Diablo plus 93.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 816
It does look that way, well good luck with the build Boy O Boy, I love the colours on yours. Must admit it was the lovely colourways of the Dynas that first got me hooked, not to mention I live just down the road from their old factory :). I'm a Shimano man thru and thru but i'm sure I'll come around to doing a Suntour or Campag build soon haha! I've got some early Campag brakes and pedals in storage to start it off with :) haha

Re:

122 pages and wish I had time to read them all. 6 months ago I had no Dynatech, now I'm thoroughly hooked! I've been offered a purple Torux XT frameset by a friend that I'm seriously toying with adding to the collection... but where does it stop lol!!

Attachments

• 20181217_132756_resized.jpg
    20181217_132756_resized.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 747
  • 20181217_132919_resized.jpg
    20181217_132919_resized.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 747
Back