BotM December 2018 - Flagship gruppos.....no thankyou!

Let's have a look at what etymology has to say about it...

Considering the context where the word "Flagship" comes from: how many flagships are there in a naval fleet, you think? One, no? So for me, when we're talking "flagship gruppo's", there can only be one (for a given period in time). DX was never flagship. High end, yes. Flagship, never.

(just keeping this discussion alive. ;) )

I think the comp theme is fairly clear from Adrian's first post, and the second post question/answer.

Personally i think all the bikes entered so far are fine, apart from the '98 ringer thrown in above :LOL:

Its christmas after all, im just off to scratch some xtr logos off a few of my un-decaled ti bikes :xmas-wink:

Re:

So , we've got until the end of the month to submit our entries? My Saracen is in a few bits at the moment but should get it together and photographed in a week or so.

Re:

Best BOTM for me since I came to the forum, I usually have a pretty good idea of where my vote will go but this month I'm pretty torn between the whole pack!

Re: Re:

MR OX":66ojao8d said:
Best BOTM for me since I came to the forum, I usually have a pretty good idea of where my vote will go but this month I'm pretty torn between the whole pack!

Oh, I now see your nickname is MR OX. I first thought it was "MR DX" and that voting would have been quite easy for you. ;-)

Re:

TOMAS 1992 Raleigh/Dynatech Quantum

One from my Dyna collection, running a full DX groupset (sorry to keep the DX theme running). A heavily soiled/well used Gumtree find that had been sat at the back of someones shed for best part of 20 years, that was missing a front wheel and needed a fair bit of resto work to get it running.

Attachments

• 20181217_133121_resized.jpg
    20181217_133121_resized.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 808
  • 20181217_133200_resized.jpg
    20181217_133200_resized.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 808
Re:

For playing :
My Alpinestars Cro-Mega T24, built with a mix of LX-DX parts (sorry for the DX)

Pencilman77's 1991 Alpinestars Cro Mega LX

Well time for me to put my newest build into the ring, featuring a full compliment of Exage averageness, for me it carries all the best of early 90's, neon paint, biopace and a novel frame design!
nspve-FZMRn6b-Q9-Xil-Hy4ng.jpg

2sxt-Ydu-XRKub-IEindy-BPA.jpg

build thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=392534

Re:

As its a special month and quite fitting I give you "Old Faithfull" - still sporting a Retro Bike national series sticker from Surrey Hills back in 2014

1990 TBG Cindercone complete with Suntour XCD the poor mans version of XC pro

build thread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=315639

Attachments

• Kona cindercone.jpg
    Kona cindercone.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 787
  • Kona 1a.jpg
    Kona 1a.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 787
Seems like the perfect excuse to punt the old Muddy fox into the mix
She my not be an orange but I loves her and she fulfills pub bike duites very well :D and she wears her exage 400lx group with pride

Bit of a thread here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23313

Back