Chunky Tan Wall 26" Road Tyres

I have Schwalbe City Jets on my commuter. Mine are somewhere between white wall and tan wall - I think the current range has a darker tan wall version.

For the money they are very good tyres - fast, comfy, grippy and no punctures despite the streets round here being littered with glass. Seem to roll nicer than the Marathons I had before although I doubt they will last quite as long.

Halo twin rails are on my radar as a chunkier alternative - probably good for occasional trail/path/gravel use, but don't look as fast for road use.

Attachments

• DSCF9660.jpg
    DSCF9660.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 268
Re:

If you have clearance, the 2.3" Compass Rat Trap Pass tires are really nice. I know they're expensive, but there's a "cheaper" version which is still unlike anything else out there. I had them on my touring bike at one point, but liked them so much that I just converted one of my old mountain bikes to a dedicated road bike so that I can use them more. I think it's worthy of more than just an occasional "nostalgia" ride, in case that helps justify the cost, and is in many ways more fun than a real road bike. High bottom bracket doesn't bug me at all. Hard part is getting the bars up to a reasonable height.

Attachments

• 2018-12-15 12.03.57.jpg
    2018-12-15 12.03.57.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 253
Re: Re:

iamkeith":1a034ri7 said:
If you have clearance, the 2.3" Compass Rat Trap Pass tires are really nice. I know they're expensive, but there's a "cheaper" version which is still unlike anything else out there. I had them on my touring bike at one point, but liked them so much that I just converted one of my old mountain bikes to a dedicated road bike so that I can use them more. I think it's worthy of more than just an occasional "nostalgia" ride, in case that helps justify the cost, and is in many ways more fun than a real road bike. High bottom bracket doesn't bug me at all. Hard part is getting the bars up to a reasonable height.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back