x-lite camlock lever help needed, pretty please!

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So... the inevitable and unthinkable has happened.

:facepalm:

Is anyone able to and up for posting me their x-lite camlock levers for a minute, please?! :LOL:

:xmas-big-grin:

Re: SEND HELP LOL

so you've lost the removable levers? just use a small allen key for leverage to undo them

Re: SEND HELP LOL

Well that failed miserably. Several bent allen's and small screwdrivers later they aren't budging.
:facepalm:

Would have been a fairly crap theft deterrent if it was this easy.

Have you had success with an allen key before?

Can somebody please, post me a lever, i'll fire it straight back to you.

:xmas-big-grin:

scant":pbxwtltj said:
so you've lost the removable levers? just use a small allen key for leverage to undo them

Yes you can open them with allen keys or anything that fits in the hole. Easier if its the same diameter as the hole.

The removable lever just means its no longer a QR so cant be stolen as easy by random opportunists ;)

mark

Re:

You can try this method if you want to potentially damage the threads, you have allen keys to burn through or you haven't tightened them right on up. Be my guest :LOL:

I have tightened them right on up, have destroyed some low quality tools and stopped short of doing real damage to the threads.

If you actually ride your bikes, you will lose these... it's only a matter of time :LOL:

Adopting a "Oh this only happens to other folk on the forum, it'll never happen to me..." attitude, wont get you far.

Maybe you'll get lucky ➡️

These going in the parts box now until such times as the levers show up from wherever the hell I put them, or I cave in and sell them on without.

Would love to see some homemade levers :) correct diameter screws and electrical tape bodges...

:LOL: opened and closed them with allen keys for years, no problems. Threads probably arent much good now but didnt matter as i didnt have the lever :roll:

oh, and stop buying low quality tools :LOL:

mkone":16no8jvr said:
:LOL: opened and closed them with allen keys for years, no problems. Threads probably arent much good now but didnt matter as i didnt have the lever :roll:

oh, and stop buying low quality tools :LOL:

:LOL:

They must be getting rare nowadays and misdemeanours like mine isn't helping stocks any...

Back