The worst bike on RB?

I was dreading someone adding my bike - let the abuse fly.......

p4pb16461973.jpg

fotorat1":33krjenr said:

p4pb16461973.jpg

It’s hard to comment here without being offensive ...... So I’ll only ask one question- was that a tip find ?

It hurts my eyes for so many different reasons, no wonder THM has one on his shopping list !

Re: Re:

Oldskool13":1cz5wopp said:
bluetomgold":1cz5wopp said:
Oldskool13":1cz5wopp said:
Curse you Bluetomgold. Look what you made me do, no going back now! :facepalm:

Any progress? Should start a thread for it. :D

No more progress, no shed or garage so it's too cold to paint. It's in the loft until it gets warmer.

Might start a thread but the code on the rear mech is YK which makes it a 2000-2001 bike, so it's too modern for this part of the forum.

Nah, it's a replacement mech. The bike is mid-late 80s.

If it was mine I'd just polish up the original paint. But then, it's not mine.

Retro Spud":2fhodw7t said:
fotorat1":2fhodw7t said:

p4pb16461973.jpg

It’s hard to comment here without being offensive ...... So I’ll only ask one question- was that a tip find ?

It hurts my eyes for so many different reasons, no wonder THM has one on his shopping list !

Tip find - "almost" - I paid £380 or thereabouts for it in its previous guise then sold all the parts bar the frame and sold another frame to come out cost neutral. The plan was allways to build it and test it before investing in a original colour job. I have got it working cushty but cant find the time or the money or the will to do the paint!

Re:

So I might have built this last year for a charity ride. No that isn't paint it is rust and yes I was daft enough to do a 22 mile ride on it (road tyres on gravel are 'interesting' )

The best bit was I actually managed to sell it afterwards as a complete working bike :LOL:

Attachments

• wrecker.jpg
    wrecker.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 333
  • wrecker2.jpg
    wrecker2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 332
  • wrecker3.jpg
    wrecker3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 333
Re:

fotorat1":gexy6jp6 said:

p4pb16461973.jpg

Somehow reminds me of;

NO DISASSEMBLE!!!!

Attachments

• aaf60dff85a75168b26041ba04afeecc.jpg
    aaf60dff85a75168b26041ba04afeecc.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 313
Back