Anybody built a Fat ti with 3dv parts

viengsavanh

Senior Retro Guru
Just wondering if anyone has done one before (probably)or any Titanium frame with 3dv and how did it look

Thinking titanium and 3dv might be really good together........... If done right

Any thoughts people

Re:

I built my diamondback axis tt around some 3dv pauls brakes and added a tiny bit of additional purple via bottle boss bolts a tiny headset spacer and some odyssey svelte titanium brake bolts on the rear, 3dv alloy on the front and also the bar end bolts. I did try other 3dv bits, such as ringle h20 cage, chain rings and skewers, but it was a bit too much imho, so used black or grey elsewhere.

Here's a link to the build thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=207088&hilit=Axis though photobucket has claimed a few pics.

Re:

Never seen a FAT Ti with full 3DV, its all turq, black or silver mostly. Its a very early 90s fashion but should look pretty tasty imo.

Re:

Many years ago there was a member called Fisherman who had the nicest Kona Hei Hei. It was a BOTM back in 2006 and was a stunning mix of Ti and purple.

Can’t find a photo of it as it was but this was a photo after it was sold with minor adjustments:

room_kona_hei_hei_007.jpg

Re: Re:

M-Power":2cb3u2yz said:
Never seen a FAT Ti with full 3DV, its all turq, black or silver mostly. Its a very early 90s fashion but should look pretty tasty imo.

Yes same here all turquoise or black and it got me thinking as i have quite alot of 3dv just sitting in boxes and i have the Fat ti to build up which has a set of 10th anniversary forks on it as its a none suspension corrected frame
so with the fork being original paint it has the purple fade and don,t want to get it repainted so was thinking the 3dv might fit quite well and maybe a little black

viengsavanh":7f35z2io said:
M-Power":7f35z2io said:

Yes same here all turquoise or black and it got me thinking as i have quite alot of 3dv just sitting in boxes and i have the Fat ti to build up which has a set of 10th anniversary forks on it as its a none suspension corrected frame
so with the fork being original paint it has the purple fade and don,t want to get it repainted so was thinking the 3dv might fit quite well and maybe a little black

Sounds like a great combo ( defo leave that fork alone) :cool: A top end Ti bike with 3DV was the dream for most of us back in ~ 91. Crazy expensive back then and it was hard to find all the right parts in 3DV. I had a few yuppy customers with Ti builds but non matched ano :facepalm: I remember a Merlin and Hei Hei in full 3DV on a mass ride in Wales. Funny how those green eyed memories never leave you :LOL:

pete_mcc":2cffe3et said:
Many years ago there was a member called Fisherman who had the nicest Kona Hei Hei. It was a BOTM back in 2006 and was a stunning mix of Ti and purple.

Can’t find a photo of it as it was but this was a photo after it was sold with minor adjustments:

room_kona_hei_hei_007.jpg

Just needs 3DV hubs for the win.

Back