Leaves

xtaffa

Gary Fisher Fan
They hide a LOT of treasures for a rigid front end around this time of year, don't they?..

Re:

Aye, true now you say it - and they all seem to have dropped s all at the same time around here...massive great drifts that make 6 inches of root look like a mild undulation in the ground until the front rim tells you otherwise!

Re:

Leaves over tree roots off road...Wet manhole covers on the road. Urgh :x

The OH also came off the bike yesterday, in a 2 inch deep HGV/rain created mud trench near home. It's nearly caught me out once or twice as well. I did warn her :facepalm:

get them wrapped round the cassette or jockey wheels and they are a nightmare

I came off 2 weeks ago and did my ribs hitting a tree because of the buggers. Thankfully it was fairly low speed but it still hurts a lot.

Yeah, i always thought trees could do with being bigger, can be hard to see them sometimes! :LOL:

Re:

...I learnt the hard way on-road....sharp corner, railing it round fast, slimy leaf coverage, BANG. Down and bruised, hip black and blue but not busted, thank goodness. That was a few years’ ago. Now, I make sure that the RetroGrom’s school C16R has weeny Gatonskins on in the Summer and fat DoubleFighters in the Autumn and Winter. Off-road you live with the slimy rootiness and sludgy grunge - and any errors are your own. But on the road, it’s tiptoe tiptoe on the right tyres......

Back