advice on colour nakamura e-stay

vincenth

Retro Guru
I have almost finished a nakamura e-stay project and am quite statisfied with the result so far. But now I have come to the hardest part of the build: chosing a colour.
A bright screaming colour might work out well, something like neon pink front end and antracite rear. Or maybe only paint the forks and strip and polish the frame.
please give me some suggestions!

Attachments

• 20181118_130524.jpg
    20181118_130524.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 314
Re:

"almost finished" ...

Um - aren't you supposed to paint the frame before you build the bike up

:?:

Re:

I don't know what is the right way but stripping and rebuilding a frame isn't much work.
and besides, now I can ride it while I make up my mind so there's no need to rush things.
back to the point, do you have any suggestions colourwise?

I quite like the blue. What were the original colours of these. Searched but little or no info about them. Good looking frame regardless of colour.

Regards
Gerard

Black, or fluro yellow/green with the stays polished. Would need some polished forks then of course :)

mark

Re:

Well, this might seem a bit premature, but someday, perhaps even years from now, I hope you look back on this post and ponder the following statement:

DIBS IF YOU DECIDE TO SELL!! :D

First in line! woo hoo! Eat your heart out, Retro_Roy! :D ;)

That is one beautiful e-stay. I say keep it as is, but if you decide to repaint or powdercoat, my choice is to try to match the original base color, and perhaps add a clearcoat that's been tainted with a bit of pearl for irridescent highlights like the first generation Nishiki Aliens. Also match the fork.

Re:

The original colour was yellow with a black fork. not very striking in my opinion.
Black is always a safe option.
Thanks for the compliment, I have tried lots of different e stays builds and this is the first one that both looks good and rides well.
I will probably sell it at one point, as I do with al my stuff. You'll be the first to know.

Back