Wheelies - Who can do them ?

scrotes and chavs seem to be naturally talented at wheelies. Their default response to seeing a "cyclist type" seems to be to pull an enormous 200 foot wheelie of incredible smoothness and elegance

cce":2mu80r1b said:
scrotes and chavs seem to be naturally talented at wheelies. Their default response to seeing a "cyclist type" seems to be to pull an enormous 200 foot wheelie of incredible smoothness and elegance

Yep, those were the days :D

:LOL: how many with bad backs? :)

I still have to pull them, but seem to take a lot more energy nowadays :facepalm: Used to prefer manuals but could never do them for long on mtb, only on bmx. Having said that, the pedals are lower on bmx so you have to be a lot quicker to get your feet down when looping out, i used to ride brakeless so no rear to cover :)

I still get "wheelie" shouted at me when passing young-uns, obviously dont though so as to avoid embarrasment from not being able to keep it up long :shock: :LOL:

cce":3auuggcw said:

I Always and without fail give chavs doing wheelies a beep and thumbs up when I drive past them. The confused look I get back always amuses me immensely.
I haven't tried a wheelie for about 30 years but is now on my to do list.

I was too busy building ramps for my Chopper and slagging off Grifters. Later we’d build wheelie bikes out of road frames with cow horns.

Someone say wheelie.... Out of our gang from Nottingham I used to rock wheelies, i've got the likes of Jez Avery and Ashton/Hawes to thank for inspiration to my teenage self in the late 90s! Furthest i've ever manged was just over a mile in a flat/straight line down the main rowing lake at Holme Pierpont but by the end my arms were shaking like mad from being under tension haha! I'm still pretty mean at them now (36yrs), my advice is that its all in the hips and confidence in the back brake, I find saddle height more important than a wide bar/short stem etc. Recently popped a 1 handed, no footed short wheelie (manual) but not far and that's about my limit lol!

konacarl":1ogmcwu9 said:
cce":1ogmcwu9 said:

I Always and without fail give chavs doing wheelies a beep and thumbs up when I drive past them. The confused look I get back always amuses me immensely.
I haven't tried a wheelie for about 30 years but is now on my to do list.

Its school yoof around here. They are amazing and im jealous. They have some great parkour moves going on too. I feel so old but always show interest in it but im tired feeling like an old numpty, so its time to learn to do it again :shock: I suspect its easier to do them on modern bikes or is it just the same as a retro set up similarly ? Heard its best to practise on a slight gradient.

Some serious skills on here @ Scant, TOMAS, Joe-Rides :cool: Bunny hops were std but manuals were not such a big thing bitd.

Back