Balancing act

People should not put prototypes or exotica up for sale on the forum...

They should PM me straight away instead. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

Nobby Nick’s on an ‘88 and on a retro ride ... HERESY ...

Burn the wizard, burn the wizard...

Actually I’ve just put new Schwalbe rubber on my c16r ....
Don’t tell a soul.....

Re: Re:

Graham_hkr":q4co8dmp said:
And then there are people like me who was totally unaware of retro bikes been a thing at all, I only took up cycling due to the awesome summer we've had.
So stumbling across this site via FB I am amazed & totally taken back by the amount of knowledge probably most of which you just couldn't buy, of course, I haven't made that much of a contribution as yet simply because I know next to nothing about Retro Bikes.
So for me, this is purely a site for learning at the moment, I've slightly dipped my toe in the water & purchased a Saracen frameset from a member & I intend to try & build for next summer only doing so on being fairly confident that there are members on here who are all to willing to help me do that.
So really people join for a variety of reasons & indeed it's important that people come along to sell because I for one need to buy, so thanks for that!
Cheers
G

Me too, up until Feb '18, I had no idea that ANY mountain bikes could even be considered Retro...then someone (much younger than me) pointed out that my low level but immaculate 1997 Giant, that I have had from new was an "awesome Retro ride" and he was much more interested in it than my 50’s Clauds. :shock:
I felt old that day… :facepalm: but you lot have helped me get over it! :D

Joined to sell my Anteaus 653, didn't, realised it was rare and kept it. Re-built it and it now serves as a retro ride during the dry summer months.
Only keeping a couple of retro rides now though (down from 7) but I may build a retro single speed so I stop ruining the expensive parts (11s chains and cassettes) on my modern bikes in the winter mud.

Carl.

drcarlos":j2zihikr said:
Joined to sell my Anteaus 653, didn't, realised it was rare and kept it. Re-built it and it now serves as a retro ride during the dry summer months.
Only keeping a couple of retro rides now though (down from 7) but I may build a retro single speed so I stop ruining the expensive parts (11s chains and cassettes) on my modern bikes in the winter mud.

Carl.

Glad you did Carl. Great reference. Mine’s definitely a keeper to be handed down to my lad.

found this site looking to buy. Never been good at selling. So don't do it any more.

tintin40":3ehj954c said:
found this site looking to buy.

Yep me too spent the last 15 odd years dusting off my trusty heckler (and ignoreing my cfm3) a couple of times a year and every time I did thinking I must get back into cycling. Well 18 months ago I want looking for a rear triangle with disc mounts for my 97 heckler and found rb.

I now have 2 hecklers, 2 chameleons (1 bike & 1 frame), cfm3, atx dh, atx (kiddie puller), charge faucet and just building up a Dartmoor primal +.

All built from parts off here and stw.

So far I’ve sold a wheel, some forks and a seat post. :facepalm:

Still not riding much but really enjoying the community and the building. Starting to feel like I should contribute to the site a bit more so going to try and do a couple of build threads.

Back