crank arm polishing

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
i have a mavic starfish chainset with heel rub.does any one here polish crank arms ect.hif so how do you do it?

How bad is it?

You can use a dremel with soft pad and autosol for a fast solution then finish by hand with cloth and more autosol.

For deeper it’s increasingly fine wet and dry then1000 grade wire wool then as above.

Or you you can drive a lorry and frantically polish in your cab on your breaks but you run the risk of looking like a pervert to passing motorists.

Ask mike Muz.

Re:

ill post a piccie when i get to the shed in a moment.id like it nice and polished so when i sell the thing i can get a better price for it.

The History Man":vmkc7pdf said:
Or you you can drive a lorry and frantically polish in your cab on your breaks but you run the risk of looking like a pervert to passing motorists.

Ask mike Muz.

:LOL:

Re:

a quick pic

Attachments

• 46324209_10156819249436873_8523538417693229056_n.jpg
    46324209_10156819249436873_8523538417693229056_n.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 334
Re:

They don't look too bad..
Similar procedure to THM for me.
I would probably start with 1500 grit paper, then finish with a polishing compound something like Autosol probably with a polishing wheel on a highspeed drill if you have one.
They will come up nice & shiny assuming you have the patience of course, it ain't no five-minute job.

Either that or sell them and let someone else sort them out.. :cool:

Re:

they are for sale.i just having got round to putting up an add.ps i have the camp mtb bb to fit as well only about 20 miles on the bb..

Funny, I was about to start a post on this very thing, but for some Middleburns.

I found this useful for a Campag seat-post I polished last week - came out a treat.
http://www.raydobbins.com/polishing/

It seems you need to know first if the part is anodised or not.

Latest posts

Back