Braided cable? Super-flexy cable?

elite504

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I wonder if I may call upon the collective knowledge.

I'm building a machine at the moment, that has a very small stem roller. This is key to the build, and I won't be changing it. However, I know from using one of these stems before, it kills front brake cables very quickly.... The only thing that worked really well, was a super-flexible "braided" front brake cable, like the old 2.0mm XT stuff, or what used to come OE on like 1991 Marins.

Does anyone have a source for a braided brake cable?
Super-stickler point is that I want standard 1.6mm, not 2.0mm, as I also want/need to be using the yellow housing I have for this particular project.

All shall become clear in due course!

In summary, 1.6mm braked brake cable, barrel nipple, where can I find some!?

All help appreciated!

Re:

Try superstar components. They have/had lots of cable options in various colours.

Cool Ian, good shout. I've had a look though and can't find a single cable, just cutters...??

I had some jagwire braided cable on my training bike until recently, only issue is that it was rubbish. Very stretchy. Made braking a bit hit and miss. Gone back to shimano stuff now. And i can stop again.

Cool, thanks Ian, that's the outer, in yellow, that I'm using. I'm after the superflexy inner to avoid it getting frayed by the roller.
Cheers Smithjss70, I may have to give you a shout if I don't have any joy.
Thanks all for helping me out though!

Elvedes 7x7 cables are super flexible

I’ve not seen anything else that is as bendy in my many years in the trade

Cheers Mike and Andy. Andy, great recommendations, I shall check it out; and of course Mike, I always forget SJS, but they are a treasure-trove of the hard-to-find

Back