Advice pls - paid for items - seller vanished (Gtaddict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I have read everyone's messages and I am a genuine seller and used this forum fir many years. I sold the item the week before I moved jobs hence the reason the buyer got the out of office messages. During this time my father was ctaken seriously I'll in hospital hence my lack of communication on here. I have now spoken to admin and the buyer in length to explain the item was returned due to the package being damaged. Any refund has now been actioned
Kind regards Justin

Re:

I've dealt with Justin before, we had a delivery issue that wasn't his fault so the delivery took longer than expected. In the end he delivered the item himself to my house, top man. Sometimes life gets in the way of things.

Good work THM

Re:

Yes sometimes it does
And we all have personal issues problems which others have no idea about however it’s always best to keep the buyer informed and up to date.

As yet no refund

Re:

Thank you, yes I should have updated you more but due to family circumstances it was difficult. The refund has now been processed.

Re: Re:

Gtaddict":1e49mm51 said:
...due to family circumstances it was difficult.

Sad times, but FFS this should not have taken half the active RBers to resolve. :evil:

Unless your dead yourself, there's no excuse.

And who the hell uses work emails for buy/sell groups - that's just asking to be sacked. Hotmail or Gmail FTW. And connect them to your phone AND have notifications of new mails activated AND keep the fkucing phone charged and connected.

SMHID :roll:

Re:

Hmmm....regan_ev is right. Buying and selling on here is a process of implied and literal contract - you offer something, someone commits to buying, you provide it, the buyer pays and the things should be provided and payment provided promptly. It’s not complex, and people do seem to cloak failure to meet commitments with simple inaction and silence; yes life’s tough and complex sometimes but we do need to honour commitments.There are clearly odd aspects of this case ... why a refund? Did the damage to the package lose some of the contents? Oh well ... as long as it gets resolved to the satisfaction of all....

These things happen. I once forgot to post something.

Meant the dna testing and therefore the ransom payment was delayed.

All sorted itself out in the end.

The History Man":2rfi9k0w said:
These things happen. I once forgot to post something.

Meant the dna testing and therefore the ransom payment was delayed.

All sorted itself out in the end.

Typically THM humour added to lighten the mood. :D

But ignoring calls, emails and PMs is not on.

Feedback thread is useful for highlighting these things but that won’t stay visible for long (whoever looks back further than the last page?).

A rating system would be better, but that’s an issue for the forum upgrades thread... which won’t happen.

But elephants never forget. Now where’d I leave my glasses?...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back