1992 Limited Edition Marin - Help Needed

Jack Brown

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I have found this bike for sale online but the person selling it has zero information on it and I live quite far away so can't visit it in person.

It looks to be based on a 1992 Marin Palisades Trail.

They want £150 for it. Is it worth it and does anyone have any information on it at all?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jack

Attachments

• $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 611
  • $_58 (1).JPG
    $_58 (1).JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 611
  • $_58 (2).JPG
    $_58 (2).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 611
  • $_58 (3).JPG
    $_58 (3).JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 611
Re:

That’s their road bike, called the ‘Limited Edition’ (I’ve no idea how limited) and just happens to have the same colours as the Palisades Trail.
The condition doesn’t look amazing (though might clean up) and parts are pretty ok but not super top-end ... I think unless you are a complete Marin fan and desperate for their (admittedly not common) road product, you could do better for £150.

Re:

Thank you very much for your help. Seeing as this guy has absolutely no idea what the bike is, what would be a suitable price for the bike?

Thanks,
Jack

Re:

A tidier one was on eBay last year. I considered dropping in a 1 inch mtb stem and flat bars with the knobbliest tyres I could get away with and, doing the cyclo cross thing. All the rage.
But I saw sense and put slicks on my mtb. Still a very rare marin though.

Re: Re:

marc two tone":i631v264 said:
A tidier one was on eBay last year. I considered dropping in a 1 inch mtb stem and flat bars with the knobbliest tyres I could get away with and, doing the cyclo cross thing. All the rage.
But I saw sense and put slicks on my mtb. Still a very rare marin though.

Looks pretty tight for tyres, proper road bike geometry really.

I've seen a couple of these, they appeal, and this would be tempting if I weren't in mental mudguard mode.

Re:

I actually really like these... but then I have a soft spot for MTB>road bikes, La Raza, Road project, Silk road, slim chance, road goat etc etc.
Nice rare machine for not-a-lot- of cash.

I really want one of these......the USA/Continental spec '91 model is a lary looking neon rainbow beast.

If it was bigger and a little cheaper I'd be all over this......

Back