Retro Guru
Since i got the itch with 1990 bikes and parts
I'm buying some the parts that i bought as a young man
I remember a bike shop near Covent Garden tube station
I bought a Mavic black 316 or 17 threaded headset
What year was they first released to UK market
Thanks in advance

Re:

Fitted one of the black 1 inch mtb versions in 1992, and I had one of the first. The silver road versions had been around for a while. Well executed taper roller, unlike dreadful Onza mongo ufo of a year earlier. Headsets generally were a disaster area in the late 80s. One dependable option was the Campagnolo centaur - but an expensive and heavy solution.

Are you thinking of Covent Garden Cycles? Debbie was the manager and co-owner....nice people. Small shop popular with couriers - big on trek, klein and bontrager. Basement showroom and small retail at ground level?

Re: Re:

2manyoranges":14xfu3m2 said:
Fitted one of the black 1 inch mtb versions in 1992, and I had one of the first. The silver road versions had been around for a while. Well executed taper roller, unlike dreadful Onza mongo ufo of a year earlier. Headsets generally were a disaster area in the late 80s. One dependable option was the Campagnolo centaur - but an expensive and heavy solution.

Are you thinking of Covent Garden Cycles? Debbie was the manager and co-owner....nice people. Small shop popular with couriers - big on trek, klein and bontrager. Basement showroom and small retail at ground level?

yes Covent Garden cycles thanks ,they had a fantastic line up of Klein's
to dribble over. there was a bike shop by Embankment tube {action cycles?} who supplied U.S.E forks, ti bar etc great times
so early 1990s for the mavic headsets ,
cheers guys

Re:

As a side note - if anyone has a spare crown race or for parts 316 let me know please
;)

Back