ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering
Should all Raleigh RSP bikes be under 1997 even though they were made up to 2000?
It just seems unfair to put a ‘98 model on the other forum with modern bikes
Any thoughts ?

Re:

I think it’s pretty simple really if a bike was made in 98 it goes in the 98 forum, you are always going to get models crossing any break in the forums. I guess the real question is should the break still be 98? Just my thoughts obviously or perhaps an extra sub forum?

Re:

Was just wondering because the RSP frames are now a thing of the past and from another era

I think 2000 should be the dividing factor -

Re:

I would actually go the other way, up to 95 then 96-2010 then maybe a 2011 onwards(further classics) at the moment you can have a 98 build thread next to a 1 year old dropper post for sale just seem to broad to me.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":10vo4f6j said:
I would actually go the other way, up to 95 then 96-2010 then maybe a 2011 onwards(further classics) at the moment you can have a 98 build thread next to a 1 year old dropper post for sale just seem to broad to me.
That’s sensible and I agree
A proper old classics thread pre ‘97
A 98 to 2010
And a modern thread post 2011.

As looking for For Sale stuff is complicated on the 98

Re:

No point debating.
Follow the dates we have, Kona and Rocky Mountain made bikes from the 80s and still do today, many of the models span the whole era.

If it a 98 model, post in 98+ section.

Or if you don't care then post anywhere you like and see if a mod moves it.

We're still expecting a new forum update with improved pictures etc.
A change of forum structure isn't going to happen any time quickly. It would need John to actually see the posts ;-).

He does however keep the forum ticking over for us :).

No to any change in dates. A 2009-10 Bike is not retro.

As as fluffy days, there’s an issue with other forum updates being promised and not delivered.

fiendish feet":1tr1en73 said:
No, but i would like to see the retro bike shop return.
with t-shirts mugs and stickers..
is it returning fluffy?

I was discussing a new RB jersey design with Gil recently. I can make that happen and create a thread with orders in one place for a one-time bulk order and delivery pre-Xmas if there’s demand. I’ve said to the Mayhem 19 group I’ll do an RB MM jersey but that’s still months off.

If you want stickers PM Gil

Back