Is my bike good enough?

Re:

Not saying they’re not well maintained but does the bog standard one have fancy pants forks, super long geometry, top end tyres and the like or are they standard mid range bikes with the kit they came with?

As for the 29er fs being faster than his rigid 26”, I stand by my comment. ;)

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2ntrx6pe said:
Not saying they’re not well maintained but does the bog standard one have fancy pants forks, super long geometry, top end tyres and the like or are they standard mid range bikes with the kit they came with?

The basic full sus is the Marin Hawk Hill. Not a particularly spectacular bike but not bad according to bike Radar and only beaten in the category by the Calibre Bossnut Evo. They have better bikes from Marin and DMR too.

Carl.

Compared to what?
And yes, for it's day it was a goodish middle of the range ish mtb from what i can remember (used to sell Scotts in the early/mid 90's)

Depends what you want to use it for as well.

Re:

We went on Saturday and it was great! I really enjoyed it and I don't feel like I was limited on my rigid bike at all. Thank you for all your help. ;-)

brocklanders023":2dsvuyjd said:

If he's never ridden a 29er (or a bike with suspension) before, it may not be any faster for him if he's not used to the different style of riding that's required to get the most out of the big wheels (or suspension).

Eggman":29keeo3c said:
We went on Saturday and it was great! I really enjoyed it and I don't feel like I was limited on my rigid bike at all. Thank you for all your help. ;-)

Nice one thats what it's all about.

Back