ID: Sub 2kg mid 90s steel frame - with TB P2 but not Kona?

Re: ID: 1960g mid90s steel frame - with TB P2 but not Kona?

I removed the headset cups and the bottle cage bolts to get the weight right - 1960 g. So much better than the previous 2.044 kg...

I also applied a bit of bio paint remover to the bottom tube, expecting it to tell secrets about the original colour or even decals, but no, they've done the repainting back then as it should be done.

Re: ID: 1960g mid90s steel frame - with TB P2 but not Kona?

P_451":3hwfqbwo said:
I removed the headset cups and the bottle cage bolts to get the weight right - 1960 g. So much better than the previous 2.044 kg...

I also applied a bit of bio paint remover to the bottom tube, expecting it to tell secrets about the original colour or even decals, but no, they've done the repainting back then as it should be done.

The frame totally stripped, and what happened - 1886g!!!!! I don't know how much the paint weights, but I must have done a mistake earlier. For such a large-ish (TT 59 cm; TT effective 61,5 cm) frame, sub-1900 g is a good number...

New photos of the stripped frame: now the sandpapering the top and bottom tubes comes back to haunt - the rest is done by soda blasting and how beautiful there the surface is...

Attachments

• FrameIdentification_Left.JPG
    FrameIdentification_Left.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 340
  • FrameIdentification_Right.JPG
    FrameIdentification_Right.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 338
  • FrameIdentification_RearDropoutLeft_SeatstayChainstayFlatEnds.JPG
    FrameIdentification_RearDropoutLeft_SeatstayChainstayFlatEnds.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 336
  • FrameIdentification_RearDropoutRight_SeatstayChainstayFlatEnds.JPG
    FrameIdentification_RearDropoutRight_SeatstayChainstayFlatEnds.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 335
  • FrameIdentification_BottomBracketFrameShell_Chainstays.JPG
    FrameIdentification_BottomBracketFrameShell_Chainstays.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 336
  • FrameIdentification_RearTriangle.JPG
    FrameIdentification_RearTriangle.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 335
  • FrameIdentification_SeattubeTop_Noodle_TopMountedCableRouting_Back.JPG
    FrameIdentification_SeattubeTop_Noodle_TopMountedCableRouting_Back.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 336
  • FrameIdentification_SeattubeTop_Noodle_TopMountedCableRouting_Front.JPG
    FrameIdentification_SeattubeTop_Noodle_TopMountedCableRouting_Front.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 339
Re:

Hey! Did ypu come over any more details about the frame?I bought a frame like this from a guy who ran a Biria shop inWarsaw round 2000-2001. I know he still runs a bike shop somewhere in warsaw. Mine is at my dads house now. I dodn’t ride it for years... Will check if its exactly the same as soon as I’m there (this week)

Hi Kubel,

The frame is still not identified. As mentioned in the very beginning of this thread, Biria MX700 is pretty close, but it has round seat stay and chain stay ends and the seat post is 27.2 mm...

I'll check those details. Mine is 100% Biria (Tange prestige tubes) spoke to the guy I got it from today. He used to be a Biria dealer for Poland and got this frame directly from the producer. I'll take some pics

Back