I think I've been infected

What about the ‘must hang on to that even though I have absolutely no use for it and probably never will’ section?

Page 1;
Lesson 1;
If you find yourself having a pleasant pub lunch with friends, don’t drink too much, then go back to friends workshop, admire said friends box of Campagnolo parts that were bought for now cancelled project, buy said parts with the cursed “Paypal” app on accursed smart phone then go home and buy a frame off of e-bay specifically for these parts that you had noticed the other day....... because when you sober up you know you are lost.....

Re: Re:

Woz":2mhe40a3 said:
brocklanders023":2mhe40a3 said:
jaypee":2mhe40a3 said:
...or, spend lots of time buying and fixing and modifying bikes to the point where:

1. they fill every spare space you have,
2. you need to sell something as you've overspent, but:
3. there's never enough time so time you might spend riding is instead spent fettling, which:
4. is nevertheless quite enjoyable but,
5. still not enough time, so
6. you end up with a load of increasingly nice bikes and parts, but,
7. most of them don't actually work, so,
8. you vow, in an endless cycle (hah!) to reduce the fleet and end up selling the good ones because they're the ones that will sell, but,
9. then you spot a total bargain on ebay that you just can't pass up and you get it home and its lovely but it has a couple of minor problems that just need a couple of hours of work and a bit if time on retrobike or ebay to source replacement parts, but
10. you don't have the time to fit the parts and in the meantime something's gone on your daily rider (or more often on your wife's bike!) which takes priority, so,
11. the almost working newly acquired bike sits unfinished in the shed/loft/bathroom with the others while the newly acquired parts for it go in the shed drawer with the others where you find them 2 years later and try and remember which frame they were meant for and then realise you sold that frame 6 months ago............

Nailed it! :LOL:

Top tip is to have "Build Boxes" with an Excel sheet spec list to refer back too. The "Parts Bin" is something entirely different of course. Sorted on a strict pecking order from NOS/NIB all the way down to any old shit for the short distance errand bike.

Admittedly when you have more than four build boxes on the go for existing and non-existing framesets, then start upgrading them, you do ask yourself if it would be best to get out more.

I have a spreadsheet...

And build boxes...

And lots of unfinished bikes.

But at least I know how unfinished and where most things are.

Back