Orange msisle identification help please

Pee1411

Retro Newbie
So I am restoring this frame. I’ve just had it powdercoated and have all the bits to put on it..... but looking through all the pictures of orange msisles on google, I can’t see a single one with rear dropouts like mine??? Is it not a msisle? And how could it have different dropouts to all the others out there? Any help please.

Attachments

• 3D6F5BA9-1732-4D6F-92D1-F4FFBAB15E20.jpeg
    3D6F5BA9-1732-4D6F-92D1-F4FFBAB15E20.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 135569D2-F283-4F36-BC9A-554CBED0B6F6.jpeg
    135569D2-F283-4F36-BC9A-554CBED0B6F6.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 239
Mystery solved..... it’s a sub zero not a MsIsle.... great. How bothered should I be? I bought this bike to do some jumps with and blast through town

Mystery solved..... it’s a sub zero not a MsIsle.... great. How bothered should I be? I bought this bike to do some jumps with and blast through town

Re:

Is there a significant functional, or monetary value difference between the two models (if so - then be totally peeved)?

Re: Re:

k-rod":cv3sigdh said:
Is there a significant functional, or monetary value difference between the two models (if so - then be totally peeved)?

Especially if you’ve now taken it back to the wrong factory colour

Whichever way K-rods argument goes, for better or worse you have a great frame to build your ride with

Well no actually. I found out that I had a subzero by trawling through an archived orange catalogue from 1999, and the sub was actually £200 dearer than the msisle for some reason. It seems it was more of an all rounder than a dedicated jump bike, which actually suits me I guess.
The only problem is that the stickers I got from Orange.... as you can see... are for a Msisle.... BUmMER!

Retro Spud":2rw4hsfc said:
k-rod":2rw4hsfc said:

Especially if you’ve now taken it back to the wrong factory colour

Whichever way K-rods argument goes, for better or worse you have a great frame to build your ride with
No I’ve not gone any factory colour luckily! I went Nardo Grey. So that’s a good point as well. Thanks. I’m starting to feel better about it

Re:

Aside from the decals sounds like you’ve come out on top

And you have the unique honour of being in a select minority who sticker their frames up as a lower model, if they are factory jobs I’d leave them on ....

Retro Spud":1xwcp6s8 said:
Aside from the decals sounds like you’ve come out on top

And you have the unique honour of being in a select minority who sticker their frames up as a lower model, if they are factory jobs I’d leave them on ....

Too late mate... I’ve taken the msisle sticker off at least, I can’t ha dmr it being wrong, but the others actually look the same to be honest so I’ll keep them on. I might give the good people at Orange another call to see if they have any subzero decals kicking around but I reckon I’ll be pushing my luck

Re:

I certainly wouldn't be bothered it looks great is ideal for what you want it for the colour is right and you've made a nice job of restoring the frame plus best of all your building it to ride !! Get it finished get some nice pictures of it in prime condition then take it in the woods and wreck it like it deserves

Back