buying a bike for a single part?

mkone":2bimba6k said:
Surely if you buy a bike and upgrade all the parts, then you have just bought it for the frame!

no different really ;)

Touche, Sir. Touche.

I've convinced myself that this bike was in trouble, I've saved it.

The cranks go for the greater good, and the frame and fork live on!

:xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

I've done this on more than one occasion...

Just for saddle, just for the forks and more recently just for the rear wheel.

They were worth it :0

BB needs new bearings, but they're in great condition other wise

Attachments

• Coda magic.JPG
    Coda magic.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 281
Surprisingly so!

And in reality, so has the frame/paintwork. considering most of the rest of the bits are pretty knackered (looks like it was left outside for quite a while) credit to cannondale for the quality of these bits.

The cranks are now destined for the San An, and although it's a little large, I think I may be keeping the frame too...

Not quite the same, but I once went out to buy a single part.
Came home with a complete bike worth of single parts.

Then, not even two years later.
I did it again.

Think it's gone out of hand now.

Last week brought a bike just for the chain ring bolts. Frame is S and useless to me.

This week brought another bike for the 7 speed freehub to put on last weeks wheels which
were otherwise in tip-top condition. Frame is L / XL and useless to me.

My clear out is not progressing. New year resolution will be forsale ads here.

Re:

Not sure if it counts, as technically wheels are two parts, but I did buy a whole bike just for the wheels. They were spins though.

My_Teenage_Self":36ui20qx said:
Retro Spud":36ui20qx said:
My_Teenage_Self":36ui20qx said:
It has a Hugi rear hub. I've had Hope, WI, DT, but the NOISE it makes is GLORIOUS!! Tock Tock Tock Tock Tock Tock.

Awesomes.

:)

I've got a set also and your right its like a Galting gun when you spin the rear

Damn straight! Love it. I expected the wheels to go straight into the loft, now I want to find a use for them!!

Pissed off so many riders they let me pass during races just to get away from my freewheeling sounds.... :)

Back