The worst bike on RB?

Love it! Perfect cheap transport that is sufficiently horrid to be safe to lock up and leave with no worries at all. Personally I'd singlespeed it for bombproof reliability, but that depends on how hilly your commute is!
Add mudguards, arriving with a splash line up your back is never cool.

Re:

hamster":3lsomb1p said:
Love it! Perfect cheap transport that is sufficiently horrid to be safe to lock up and leave with no worries at all. Personally I'd singlespeed it for bombproof reliability, but that depends on how hilly your commute is!
Add mudguards, arriving with a splash line up your back is never cool.

Yep, I thought about singlespeed but wanted to use up some grotty bits! Actually there is one mega hill on my may back from work, depends on the route I take, but gears are definitely helpful.

Agree re mudguards. It's a shame that bikes look so much nicer without them. I might try and re-fit the original set that came with it, OTOH, I noticed that poundland do a set for a pound...

I might even not bother locking it. I wonder how long I could keep it? :mrgreen:

Re:

No just tatty, but useable, worst bike was the guy who started with a gas pipe frame of the worst type Townsend low end and threw a decent bikes worth of money at it and ended up with a glittery turd with spaghetti brakes.

Townsend Hot Iron

reynolds 501 and even has the matching headset

And yes, I guessed from the colour.

I'm that good

If not better

9C54D928-2C40-4378-9B3E-47D520621EBA_zpsv2tr6rls.jpg

file.php

Re:

legrandefromage":1hgokjb5 said:
Townsend Hot Iron

reynolds 501 and even has the matching headset

And yes, I guessed from the colour.

I'm that good

If not better

You're awesome. I'm not worthy. Hope it hasn't been giving you sleepless nights.

Very much feeling the "Hot Iron" vibe.

It was actually pretty original before I messed with it... Does anyone want the old bars/stem/shifters/brakes? Gratis, obvs.

Possibly not the worst bike per se, but maybe the worst named bike...but who the hell came up with that at Townsend HQ back in the day? THE TOWNSEND HOT IRON. Awful! :LOL:

:roll:

Attachments

• Hot Iron.jpg
    Hot Iron.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 249
Re:

Loving this so far! Good work on the ID'ing there, LGF.

I would be tempted to add some mock decals, maybe 'Sue Townsend Pig Iron'?

Saying that it might tart the bike up to a point where somebody would then nick it :LOL:

Or call it Pete......Who? :facepalm:

Attachments

• 570BB146-9CAC-4E4A-9C46-DF4E4B37F058.jpeg
    570BB146-9CAC-4E4A-9C46-DF4E4B37F058.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 198
Back