Fitting rear brake to a 10" Fat Chance. Need some advice!

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Dear all,

I recently bought a FatChance from M-Power to my daughter. See the bike here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=386354

The frame is converted to v-brakes (or side pull brakes). This does not work very well with the cables on the right side of the TT. has anyone converted a v-brake from left to right side? Alternatively, is there any smart cnc-small-factory-boutique-kind-of-paul-grafton-machinetech-brake'ish that could do the work of shifting sides of the pull?

I am going to try to make a conversion with a skilled retrobiker and fine machinist, using the xt v-brakes. But before we go into that messy work I would just hear if anyone has sorted this out in a smart way… that is either has some advice for machining the xt brakes or know of some smart aftermarket brakes of solvers that may do the job.

Cheers
Jakob

Re:

The only ones I can think of right now are avid ultimate / black ops single digit. You can choose to run the noodle and cable pinch bolt either side.

I would go for the Avid or Magura solution mentioned, might never work properly with modified XT v-brakes

Re:

Paul's can be swapped as can onza hola v brakes. I also bought some pauls copy brakes by rpg or prg that can sort of be swapped over (cable clamp).

Re:

Maguras would be my choice but obviously if you don’t already have some then it’s extra cost.

This is really good advice folks!

I will like not to go the Magura way, even thogh I may have a set in the boxes somewhere. They will not fit the smaller hands.

Avid black obs, Paul or Onza! I will look out for thise.

Canti is an option that I was also considering. It will mean finding some kind of hanger that is short enough so it will not interfer with the straddlewire hanger when the brakes are pulled.... Its a tight fit here :)

Will do some more research based on your advice!

Yetidh9":vo51ltdz said:
I will like not to go the Magura way, even thogh I may have a set in the boxes somewhere. They will not fit the smaller hands.
I'm puzzled by that statement.
All Maguras have reach-adjustable levers, and if you use HS33 the blades are quite small too.

Back