Repro CNC parts?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Has anyone gone down the route of having copies made of slightly more complex CNC'd parts from the 90's that are virtually impossible to get hold of today? If so was it outstandingly expensive or affordable, I know that this is all relative to income and all that but still...... just delving.

I did go that way. Needed the two fork braces for a Nuke Proof Reactor front end machined in order to complete the bike. Got some measurements and detail shots from a fellow RB member: gis_guru, then I went into CAD and built the braces (luckily at that time I had access to a 3-d printer) so I made a set of those in plastic to try out the geometry, after a few tweaks to the design I had fellow RB member royboy2cv machine me a pair as he needed a pair made for his Reactor and has access to CNC milling. The parts turned out beautiful! In the end it didn't cost me anything but postage price and I exchanged some parts for the mill job plus my own time. If you can find somebody with CNC capabilities the sky's the limit....

Back