BotM September 2018 nominations SUSPENSION SPECIAL

Re: Re:

semi-school":1xkz50hv said:
that Dagger rocks in a big way. Nice one.

+1 :cool:

yep, stunning, although the red pedals and saddle would get swapped for black if it was mine! ;)

thekidmalone's 1997 Ferraroli California Performance

Hello everyone, and prepare to suspend your disbelief,

Yes, it's a Ferraroli without the usual fluoro, fading or splatter effects which still manages to achieve outstanding results with its paint.

Easy to feel when running one's hands over the seat tube, but devilishly hard to capture in pixels, is a glass-fiber reinforcement of the joint between the seat stays and seat tube.

Ferraroli might have insisted that dynamic rider positioning was the primary goal of their Performance design's low connection of the seat stays with the seat tube. On the other hand, this fore and aft flexibility under load also creates a secondary effect of vertical compliance, a.k.a. passive rear suspension.

In any case, the color-matched Marzocchi fork should give it enough active suspension to definitively qualify for this special BOTM regardless.

Thanks for your interest and attention. Enjoy!

The Kid

Attachments

• FCP rear 34.jpg
    FCP rear 34.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 1,008
  • FCP Profile.jpg
    FCP Profile.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 1,009
Re:

Why are you doing this to me 'The Kid'?

I'm trying to bloody win this BOTM!

Although it does remind me I need to send you that package...

al. ;)

Interesting bike The Kid. The geometry reminds me of a Trek 9500 full susser but with a rigid tail. What year is your bike?

Smithjss70":25zzvi4b said:
The geometry reminds me of a Trek 9500
:shock:
The Ferraroli works like a softail, like a cantilever suspension : Alain Ferraroli loved to work on steel elasticity, so the stays bent and the seat stays are pushing on the seat tube. The seat tube was wrapped with carbon or glass fiber for making that "spring" more or less hard. ;)
but the virtual pivot is low, around the stays and not high like the Trek 9500

Thanks Pierre. I'm not remotely familiar with Ferraroli (obviously):LOL: but find the design intriguing. Very nice looking example as well. Any idea of year?

Latest posts

Back