Good Deal Zaskar

npn

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

It isn't the best deal I've seen on a Zaskar. It looks like the frame is the only thing that's original. I bought a 95 LE with all of the XTR-M900 parts minus the rear derailleur for $300 U.S. I put another $200 into it to get it back to completely stock.

I did some research and it looks like some LE's came with the Deore LX group set... do you think this one is a 1994 though?

Re:

It has the little loop on the seatpost tube for cantilever breaks which fits it being a 94. The decals are from 97 (I think). LE means that everything is top of the line for that year (XTR). Zaskar without the LE came with the XT groupset. You could get them as a frame/fork set for the first couple years but I'm not sure when that ended. I think it was 93. This appears to be a 94-95 frame with later decals and built up with various parts over the years. Still it's not a bad bike. The asking price just comes down to what people are willing to spend. I've seen refinished frames with similar asking prices and complete bikes for less. The market for these is all over the place.

Re:

Not the best deal but depends what you want. If original spec is important it will cost you and you will have to be patient.
250 should get you a full bike with decent kit, bargains can be had for less of course

"the local shop" informed the seller it was the Ferrari of bikes back in the day ;)
Oh, and it has "Middlebury" gears apparently :LOL:

enc":1t0drhwj said:
"the local shop" informed the seller it was the Ferrari of bikes back in the day ;)
Oh, and it has "Middlebury" gears apparently :LOL:

My thoughts exactly.

Re:

Forget about the one on ebay...

Here's another challenge for you:

What year is this guy?

2bc6be4f0a3e4d9e985257ba4077aea7.jpg

Re:

Hi New to forum and don't want to hijack the thread but just purchased a Zaskar
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-inch-Gt-Z ... 2749.l2649

I did look at the LE frame mentioned here but wanted a complete bike.
I do however want to put chrome rigid forks on mine and do away with the shocks and would love some help in identifying what forks might fit or of anyone has any?

Thanks

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back