Marin frame info sought.

shedobits

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Never had a Marin (can't think why) and will soon be looking for another project / build.
I have pretty much everything to build a frame / fork up into a rider and would prioritise "a good springy ride" over everything else.
Could any of the Marin experts on here let us know the quality pecking order of the steel frames of the late 80s or early 90's so that I can start searching on here.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re:

I only have knowledge from '91 to '94 but during those years they made 3 sets of steel frames for each year.. Bobcat Trail to Bear Valley was the entry level. Then it was Bear Valley SE to Pine Mountain which very good with better tubing. Finally you had the Team and Team Issue which used Tange Prestige. I have or have had many of the different frame types from those years and the one i enjoyed the most was the '94 Pine Mountain.

CassidyAce":1mhyfik3 said:
Interesting. Any particular reason for preferring the 94 Pine Mountain?

I don't know bud, maybe because it was a size smaller than i usually ride but i found it really comfortable and fun to ride. It was really light and had that springy feel.

Re:

Old pic..

P300912_1442.jpg

PopsTrippin":15dc3un5 said:
I don't know bud, maybe because it was a size smaller than i usually ride but i found it really comfortable and fun to ride. It was really light and had that springy feel.

Thank you. Makes sense. A very good looking bike too. :cool:

One of my favourite bikes of all time, the Marin 93 & 94 Pine Mountain,raced on them too at youth level . I’d love to find a standard 94 model today.

Very nice PopsTrippin ;-)

I can confirm and agree with the above on frames
My 93 Palisades is fairly low end but shares the frame up to mid level (bear valley) and handles great.
The higher up frames must be wicked, I have been bidding on a few to no avail

Didn’t one of you guys just buy a minty Team Ti? ;)

Back