A retro Orange dilemma

Re: Re:

MatBH5":2llh0mno said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163198304142

You’d need to consider whether you’re up for a paint restoration and check the rust near the rear dropouts... but this could be a decent buy imo. Sale is nothing to do with me by the way.

a good base for a restoration project .. but factor in what you woulkd need to spend to get this up to scratch. personally, id love something like this to get stuck into .. but i wouldnt pay 150 for it :p does the OP want a restoration project or something to use from the go?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

A restoration is beyond my abilities really. I'll probably wait until a 93 clockwork appears closer to London, and buy as a full bike ready to go.

enc":1o8hmta4 said:
brocklanders023":1o8hmta4 said:
If I were you I'd wait for a full bike to come up for sale as you'll get better value. That ebay one is over priced in my opinion, you can pick decent 1993 Clockworks up for less than £100.

e!

You aint gonna get one like in the OPs ebay link for £100 dude !!!

Beg to differ mate, picked up one in the same colour with better paint but standard forks for less than £100 not so long ago from ebay. I don't think I've paid £270 for any of my Clockworks and I've had/have some proper minters. ;) ;)

Re:

Shock tech carbon forks on the eBay Clockwork in the first post.
As good as Pace RC35 imo, just don’t have the desirable name like the Pace.
Rest of the bike looks in good condition, if a little “low rent” for the asking price.
I’d happily pay £70 less, or £100 less would make me even happier :D
Always a bit of a gamble with a 20+ year old used mtb, and it’s assiciated suspension.

enc":3qh5oj6a said:
brocklanders023":3qh5oj6a said:
If I were you I'd wait for a full bike to come up for sale as you'll get better value. That ebay one is over priced in my opinion, you can pick decent 1993 Clockworks up for less than £100.

e!

Yes i would definitely go down the route of buying a whole bike.. much cheaper.

As for Clockwork prices, for a £100 pounds, there are some clockworks in great condition around that price point, have sold plenty at that price myself. Have had 13 Clockworks, and 3 in the colour pictured, and £270 does appear very overpriced, but a bikes worth what someone will pay, hence thats why its probably not sold!

Cheshire1980":we8vx0px said:
enc":we8vx0px said:
brocklanders023":we8vx0px said:

e!

Yes i would definitely go down the route of buying a whole bike.. much cheaper.

As for Clockwork prices, for a £100 pounds, there are some clockworks in great condition around that price point, have sold plenty at that price myself. !

Be sure to clue me in next time ... ill buy em all day long at that price ;) :LOL:

brocklanders023":3te6ocmb said:
Tidy looking frame in your colour just come up on eBay. ;)

Yes this frame does look like it's in good condition:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-Orange- ... 2417253595

And it has the bottom bracket in there, as well as the original forks. I may buy this frame and see if I can source the other parts.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Looks like the seller is also offering the Hot Rod, seat post and stem up in separate auctions?

If you get it and need parts let me know as I usually have a fair bit kicking about. :D

Latest posts

Back