What’s wrong with me? Stop buying!

Oh dear. It's like the Ipcress file. For those of you who aren't Michael Caine fans, look it up. You need the nail in the palm of your hand to withstand the temptation to crack!

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":3o9kt4d7 said:
I've got frames and bits hanging up here that I bought in 2004 and have never done anything with.

Solution?

Why, I'm building a bigger garage of course!

:LOL: :facepalm:

That's part of the problem as we're threatening to build a house extension that will actually reduce the size of my garage. :facepalm: :LOL:

mkone":509krkky said:
:) most the things i was going to say have been said already, i like the one about finding a hobby, something else to spend your money on :LOL:

Like a bad trip, just go with it! man :cool:

btw, there are some nice Oranges on Ebay at the moment ;)

That's the problem though, I don't have time to tinker and make use of my retro so in turn don't have time for another hobby. If I had something else to divert my attention I'd be alright. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fought valiantly to win them, despite overwhelming odds and great adversity, rescued form the clutches of the evil empire of the stripper flipper king......

PeterPerfect":3fpvux71 said:
Oh dear. It's like the Ipcress file. For those of you who aren't Michael Caine fans, look it up. You need the nail in the palm of your hand to withstand the temptation to crack!

Did you know that the coffee machine whirr at the start is in the same key as the music?

I've managed this :cool:

Rodrigues' top tips:

1. sell everything retro you won't ride regularly (at least once a fortnight) - if impossible keep your absolute favourite (but only one bike).
2. to make the above meaningful (in some way) keep a list of the money you've recovered and enjoy the feeling of treating your family to a nice holiday with the proceeds
3. delete the eBay / Gumtree / <insert random marketplace here> app from your phone - never re-install it
4. ride ride ride - commute, drag yourself out in all weather, meet up with mates, cycle to the shops / pub / physio etc
5. always aim to fix / restore stuff over buying anything new

on this last point - some inspiration: https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/09 ... e-obvious/
(points 3, 4 and 5 in particular)

be free now young ed :cool:

(edit - I recognise this is a struggle and try to stay strong...at some point in the future i may break, and then will be on here seeking similar solace....please be gentle with me)

Re:

Hmmm. This thread escaped my attention earlier today: I was, er, um, well . . . Too busy buying a bike. :facepalm:

As further proof of this, I bought the Overburys on the bay which was an impulse buy which is now for sale on here!

PeterPerfect":39e6qoni said:
As further proof of this, I bought the Overburys on the bay which was an impulse buy which is now for sale on here!

Flipper, stripper or very poor impulse control? You decide.

Back