Were any Zaskar LE frames made in Japan?

Not off the top of my head, no - unless Gil has them on file? (Always worth asking) to be honest though, I used to use a sharkfin (as damage limitation!) to avoid pitting from chain slap.

Re:

That's some sort of joke, someone put that decal on there :shock:

I think all Zars are USA made till 2001/2'ish? (2001 Zaskar X) after that Twain made, and there was a 26" Wheel 20th Anniversary made in the USA also?

I think the 20"/24" Kids Zaskar may have been Twain too?

Where is the serial #

I'm not sure I'd entirely take that sticker seriously - as I said, I used to stick all kinds of stuff on my bikes frame BITD; mainly Mint Sauce though! But I'm not sure that Jo Burt built my Zaskar (more's the pity!) :D

It would be very unusual to have a zaskar with a cracked headtube. Wrong type of aluminium, something to with how the tubing is drawn making the crystals closer together.

Now if it were a Saracen, Manitou, Gary Fisher, Marin etc etc

legrandefromage":3795ji0z said:
It would be very unusual to have a zaskar with a cracked headtube. Wrong type of aluminium, something to with how the tubing is drawn making the crystals closer together.

Now if it were a Saracen, Manitou, Gary Fisher, Marin etc etc

Interesting info
thank you.

Re:

...or a poor attempt to stop cable rub as it does have downtube routing and could have had a weird cable crossing in front of the headtube.

Re: Re:

paddlingpool":2khenzr0 said:
Yeah, the Mags need a full strip down and respray. The wheels are just temporary to keep it as a rolling chassis while I build up the M231's.

I'm just restoring my Mag 20s, the paint does sure suffer on them once they leak shock oil!

If you find a place that does rattle cans that match well give me a shout, I bought replacement graphics off a guy on the forum. Nipped in Halfruads expecting to find a similar can but no joy, appears RS Mag gold has quite a green tint? Hammerite smooth gold looks quite close and guess will wear well, any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back