My next Marin project.... any advice?

Re:

I had a 1991 Muirwoods, Palisades and Pine Mountain. All grey zolatone with respectively green, yellow and orange front ends. The paint is very durable and they're all fun to ride. The Muirwoods/Palisades are okay for pubs and commuting but the Pine Mountain is lighter and noticeably more agile, suited to more serious riding.

I also have a 19" 1993 Pine Mountain project for which I've been collecting bits but will probably never get around to doing it if you're interested.
Small dent on the top tube which will disappear on filling/painting and needs a new brake mount brazing on the fork. Has the 750g fork and bike overall is supposed to be especially light.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 273
  • bling.jpg
    bling.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 273
Re:

Thanks for the offer. I'm not quite at the stage to start yet. In the middle of building a workshop!

Sounds like definitely Eldridge or Pine Mountain.

There's a 97 Pine Mountain for sale locally... but really want a zolatone.

mesoknotty":2rklk0il said:
Team Ti. I love mine. I'm 6' and the 19" is perfect
Which year is that from? 1995?

I'm pretty stuck to the 1994 models, except for my Eldridge Grade, which is from 1991. With 190 cm (equals 6ft 2“, I suppose) the 19“ frames are a bit small for me, but the head tubes of the 20,5“ frames are too long and look a bit disproportionate to me.

For 6' height, the 19“ frame should be perfect.

Inspiration:
2153333-or1xe5wucd6q-img_08921-large.jpg

2153113-ry62rizp6l1y-img_08432-large.jpg

large_IMG_3771.JPG

1947978-2in9ngypnrdk-img_50371-large.jpg

1914535-lhzvv6grktiu-img_29651-large.jpg

2286993-rk5otqr198um-aftbe1634-original.jpg

Re:

Love that Indian Fire Trail.

I've been looking around. There's a '93 IFT nearby. It's a guy who repairs bikes to sell.

It's overpriced. But might be able to knock him down if I can take off the non-original parts. Would need a new crankset, water bottle holder (I already have one), saddle.

Apart from refinishing the frame it would be pretty good.

Do you know what the older Alu frames are like. Do they last? I know cracking can be an issue with some.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back