Grafton Joystix Inner Chainring Bolts/Spacers - Please Help!

Star12

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi Guys,

I can't seem to find any information regarding the correct length of inner chainring bolts required for Grafton Joystix cranks. The bolts I have which are 15 mm were sold to me as being correct for Joystix but seem to be too long. I didn't think that spacers were required for Joystix but maybe (very short ones) are.

Does anyone have experience running these cranks? Any advice as to what are the correct length of bolts and what spacers I may or may not need would be much appreciated before I have to go and buy some shorter inner chainring bolts.

Thanks very much in advance.

Star12

Hi,
My FRO is equipped with a set of Joystix.
I'll try to see if I can unscrew one of the bolts (and spacer?) that holds the inner chainring this weekend in order to get you dimensions. Hopefully this can be done without having to remove the cranks..
Not sure whether these are the correct ones, but at least they work :)

Re:

I am trying to install black Shimano SG (I think they were DX ?? rings). Like the ones in this picture...

I really appreciate the help here guys.

Star12

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 305
Re:

Double-E F thanks very much for that information and the assistance; much appreciated.

I'll get some shorter inner chainring bolts then!

Star12

Re:

They take 1mm shimano spacers for titanium or Shimano steel chainrings ..Pace or other smilier chunky alloy rings not needed

As above but those SG rings come in two flavours:

Stamped and pressed aluminium for DX/ LX

Machined for XT and XTR.

The stamped ones may also need the 1mm spacers as they are quite thin.

Back