2 or more of the same bike?....

d8mok":2mytfqgu said:
Has anyone else got 2 or more of the same bike? ......

I’ve got four Kona Kula type bikes, but they are all set up differently and none of them ride the same;

-1995 Kula, which is a vanilla standard Kula constructed from Easton ProGram 3 Elan tubing,
-1996 Ku, which is to all intents and purposes a Hand Made in U.S.A. Kula constructed from Easton Elite tubing,
-1998 Ku, which is a super rare Hand Made in U.S.A. version of the Kula constructed from Columbus Altec2 Megatube 7005
-2003 Kula Primo constructed from Scandium SC Lite, which is a most sublime handling machine.

I also have two 1997 Kona King Kahuna bikes, but one is 18” with V’s, while the other is 19” with Discs, and those two are very different from each other to ride.

I have two Explosifs as well, but many would say that the 2000 Scandium version (well two tubes anyway) has nothing to do with its namesake, the 1997 Explosif constructed from Columbus Nivacrom Max OR tubing.

Any road up, regular visitors to this site will already know this, as all my bikes are in my signature. :oops:

Pip.

pipmeister":1xudrsn6 said:
d8mok":1xudrsn6 said:
Has anyone else got 2 or more of the same bike? ......

Any road up, regular visitors to this site will already know this, as all my bikes are in my signature. :oops:

Pip.
I bet your cheques are interesting.

Re:

Sell the extra's, only keep a dup if it's your favorite bike that you ride. Basically a parts back-up bike.

Re:

I've got two GT STS, one from 97 with the external seat tube, the other possibly a 97 but with the internal seat tube and non-cnc head tube. Other are lovely, neither have been ridden in the last 2 years.

I've also got two dbr axis tts, one built up and rides well, the other a frame only. I should probably sell the frame only one as it's smaller than my built bike, but have been thinking about keeping it for my son's when they are big enough to ride a 26er, but hover bikes may exist by then.

I suppose I’ve got three Orange P7s. However, one is for Mrs R, another is a nice single speed, and the third is just parts at the moment (including two sets of F7 forks). Should probably sell that...

Yep and I love them both :mrgreen:

B9rZS1.jpg

PPZSQp.jpg

2 Breezer Lightnings, same year & same sizes, one is refurbished/repainted/runs-looks like new, the other one is shabby but with lots of patina. I doubt I'll part with any of them after the hassle I went through to grab them, though...Maybe the currently 6.5 years old Jr. will like one of them sometime in the 2020's?

Back