What size rigid fork for Parkpre Pro 825

Trialsmeister":3842si3f said:
Hi there, my 17" Al-U-Max, is on original rigid forks and the a-to-c is 400mm, on the button.

My 19" Pro 825 had Judy SL's, from when I got it in 1997 and the a-to-c is 430 mm.

Hope this helps your build.

Regards,

Mike
Thanks Mike. I put a 390 mm Exotic carbon on the Pro825 but there's none of these left in the country, and only about 5 in US. Carbon Cycles, the UK distributor, say they are in production but it will be about 4 months until they're available for retail.
I'm trawling ebay and on here for suitable 390-400mm rigids like Pace RC31 or even Kona P2s but I think the shortest P2 was 410 mm.
Was the Alu-Max rigid a PFR CroMo fork?
Also what is the A-C on the sus fork when sat on the bike, is it a 63mm travel one?

I know this is sacriledge to the purists but I'm using modern parts for the drivetrain. I put a single x 11 XT on the Pro825 and XT front disc brake. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Re: PP AC et al.

Hey, not sacrilege at all!
It merely shows they're being ridden as intended. I've got magura front disc, hs33 evo rears and marzo fly light airs, on my 94 Zaskar LE. Just because the frame is a great little XC rider and can take the punishment to this day. I ride it more than my Bronson!

I hold both parkpre in the same regards and my 825 is seriously comfy for long days over rolling hills.

My Al-U-Max has the factory Cromo PFR forks, all original headset, etc. I robbed the wheels from it for something else, but have the component stx hubs and the rims here to rebuild as was.
Unfortunately due to being disorganised since moving house, the 825 is packed away, but I'll get space to build it soon and let you know how it sits with some sag. The Judys it has, are the shorter travel, 63mm. I'll do some pics at some point and post for you too!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 88
Back