What size rigid fork for Parkpre Pro 825

Boluwd

Dirt Disciple
I'm thinking of putting a rigid fork on my 21" Pro 825. The current fork which I put on is the wrong size (Marzocchi Bomber 2006 105mm). As the bike was purchased without a fork, I'm not sure of the dimensions of the original setup.
I have tried to research the early A-C lengths of the RS Judy SL, XC etc and I believe they were 420 mm (63 mm travel).
I'm looking at either the Exotic carbons or a Surly 1x1 to utilise a front disc brake.
The Exotics can come in 390, 425 and 445 mm A-C and the Surly will be 413mm.
Which is the correct length for a rigid to maintain the intended geometry of the frame?

I have had a reply from CarbonCycles re the Exotic fork and they recommend the 390.
However, I found the Sprocket Junkies website with Brainz' Team 925 SS where he has used the Exotic fork size 425. http://www.sprocketjunkies.com/team-925-ss/

I've sent a PM to Brainz but he appears not to have visited this forum for a long while.

How will the ride be affected with using either a 390 or 425 size fork?
Excuse me if these questions sound daft but I'm really new to this sort of thing!

Re:

Bumping this old thread.

I've sourced a Parkpre 17 inch frame for the Missus, and I need to put a rigid on it.

I put a 390mm Carbon on my Pro825 (21 inch), but it's very difficult to get these now, no stock in Carbon Cycles.

Can anyone advise if the 425 mm rigid will be ok?

Hi, im not sure about the fork, but a fan of Gong :cool:

Re:

It will be on the upper limit. 410mm would be better for the year of that frame. Look for a S/H Pace RC31.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi i haven't used the Mosso forks.
but i did buy some cheap Aluminum forks of Ebay ,to tide me over on my Rocky
Very harsh ride , i flogged them Asap
I found some new steel forks at car boot sale for 3 pound .
steel is more forgiving..

Hi there, my 17" Al-U-Max, is on original rigid forks and the a-to-c is 400mm, on the button.

My 19" Pro 825 had Judy SL's, from when I got it in 1997 and the a-to-c is 430 mm.

Hope this helps your build.

Regards,

Mike

fiendish feet":1z4s7buq said:
Hi i haven't used the Mosso forks.
but i did buy some cheap Aluminum forks of Ebay ,to tide me over on my Rocky
Very harsh ride , i flogged them Asap
I found some new steel forks at car boot sale for 3 pound .
steel is more forgiving..
Ah....!! I ordered an ebay Alloy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTB-ALLOY-RI ... 1438.l2649 last week to tide me over until something better comes along. I had a £20 voucher so basically it was £30. All the dimensions are what I needed but the weight is a bit on the heavy side. We'll see!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back