Machine tech canties......problems

fattiman

Senior Retro Guru
When I tighten the mounting bolt in the boss the canti arm will not move, I'm stumped. Anyone use these and can give me some pointers?

you're obviously missing a part; or have installed some of the bits in an incorrect order.

k-rod":2e6skvkt said:
you're obviously missing a part; or have installed some of the bits in an incorrect order.

Mmmm you might be onto something there ^^ :LOL:

Joking aside I’ve had a similar problem with a set of Graftons however they came with a series of very fine washers/spacers that helped elongate the brake boss just enough to allow the Canti arm free movement when the retaining bolt was done up fully

Ran into the same issue with my Machine Tech brakes.
I would guess, a solution like Retro Spud mentioned will work best, adding a thin spacer/washer like on the Grafton's

Re:

ususally they come with tiny waschers, but they get lost all the time if you don't watch out for it.
mine are lost too. if you find some with the right dimensions let us all know.
all the best
Kay

hehe.... I do have a couple, but I will be needing them for my own Machine tech brakes.
If at any given time I will have an excess, I'll post here again ;-)

fattiman":14xhocuo said:
When I tighten the mounting bolt in the boss the canti arm will not move, I'm stumped. Anyone use these and can give me some pointers?

Any pics?

Re:

Some chap on eBay was selling a set minus these recently.

Attachments

• EED520D1-6DAF-4A53-8762-5C1CC2F1E828.jpeg
    EED520D1-6DAF-4A53-8762-5C1CC2F1E828.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 513
Re:

These bits:

Attachments

• 8DE87A61-40A3-46FA-8578-D95AC4A78C25.jpeg
    8DE87A61-40A3-46FA-8578-D95AC4A78C25.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 513
Back