colour advice

LongboardSi

Senior Retro Guru
So, hypothetically, if one was building a drop bar MTB based around an 80s Muddyfox, that was repainted in Alu-pro pink, and had a matching pale pink saddle as well, what colour would you go for on the Bar tape?

file.php

SASMREGSE_P1.jpg

I think the same pink might be a bit too much, but is going black or white a bit boring? Could do Tan, or Brown leather look, but then it'll sit on it's own without really going with anything. Probably leaning towards black perforated with a pink background showing through, and/or maybe pink stitching.... Or possibly go with a purple type colour and then add in some anodised purple touches?

Arghhhh - decisions.... :facepalm:

Re:

I'd colour match the seat and grips to the decals, also cables, then complete black finishing kit.

Lovely looking frame.

al.

I'd find the yellow too much, plus I've been wanting an excuse to get one of those saddles for ages... Not actually going on an alu-pro though sadly, but what I think looks like it is an Explorer (it's complicated...) that's in need of 're-finishing' lets say.

I think the saddle and frame work, as separated by the post. Most other finishing kit will be black, wheels are silver, probably with black-walls (for now at least)

Si F

I was going to say yellow as well. Purple would look nice, what is the border of the decals? looks a dark blue from here, that would look good too. Or a pink black chequered tape?

mark

mkone":2r057sf6 said:
I was going to say yellow as well. Purple would look nice, what is the border of the decals? looks a dark blue from here, that would look good too. Or a pink black chequered tape?

mark

Think it's black, but that's not my frame, so could be anything.

The yellow is just such a small percentage of the overall colour that I think full yellow bars and saddle would be too much. Could maybe go black tape with yellow stitching or backing - that'd be a good way to tie it to the decals. Just need to find some in a nice golden yellow - not flouro. Or get the decals made as flouro instead....?

:LOL:

Currently it's rocking a yellow and black fleck cork tape - might try to recycle it while trying to decide, but not sure how it'll go with my gold Midge bars. forgot to throw the gold into the mix. worst case I could always use some black heatshrink on them...

Back