York cycle rally, 23rd to 24th June, anyone going.

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Posted this recently in the rides and meets forum.....

York cycle rally, 23rd to 24th June, York racecourse.

this is literally on my doorstep and I will be there for sure.

http://yorkrally.org/

camping available and plenty to do for all the family, food, beer tent, coffee wagon, show stands, retail stands and more. its not just full of CTC oldies and they have tried to lose that old image after re-launching it a couple of years ago.

As such .. and IF I can get enough interest from fellow retrobikers we could get a pitch for FREE to show/display some of our vintage/retro MTB's, nostalgia is a big thing I have learnt from just parking up my bike at these shows and a lot of folk like to reminisce so if anyone is interested, and we can get enough rides together i could try and arrange it from this end, all you need is to be able to be here for the weekend with a few rides with some bike stands for them, man the stand in turns and be comfortable talking to folks anbout your pride and joys.... the more the better, but I need a commitment as I would be sacking off work! (who want me to work.... on their stand at the show) so.... any interest out there?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=384517

Re:

Will be going with the wife and kids, first time to this and looking forward to it.

Not sure which bike I will be taking but probably not retro.

bugger, i knew there was something i needed to respond to. i'll try and come over but with running around with ride a classic and the malverns i forgot.

Re:

Well.....

Probably gonna pass on a stand this year, its a bit close to pull a good showing together now but I would like to get something going for next year IF I can get enough of you retrorogues together.

It could be like an iconoclassic of the north? ............. propper north.

I will be there anyways, hopefully on the recycle stand.

Back